Puzzling water issue!

yport

Okay ... bet you haven't had this one before!

I just left the factory last week for some minor'ish repairs ... who by the way were absolutely fantastic! Of course when you leave is when something else will crop up!

Now touring Michigan just ran into a puzzling issue. Behind the rear wheels is our fresh water tank with an overflow outlet on the top and a draining hose on the bottom. The draining hose cock has always been left open, and I had occasionally seen water running out of it for some unknown reason as I have never turned the inlet knob to TANK to put water in (not wanting to haul any extra weight). So far have always left the inlet knob turned to CITY.

Last nite the neighbor behind says water is running underneath. Checking there was a pretty good stream coming out of the drain hose cock so I scratched by head and shut it off. Forgetting about it this morning we took off exploring for the day. Upon return I see a small water flow coming from same area. Checking I now find water flowing out of the tank's overflow tube ... so I have somehow filled my fresh water tank with the inlet knob on City and water flowing fine in all faucets inside.

The obvious question ... how is my fresh water tank getting water in it?

:confused:

TedS

Disconnect the suction fitting on the pump. If water runs out of the pump when you are connected to city water, the pump head check valves are leaking. The pump head can be disassembled and inspected for dirt holding the check valves open.
If you have the new Anderson selector valve in the UDC, make sure it is positioned correctly for city water. If water runs out of the suction hose, the Anderson valve is leaking.

pegmikef

I just added an inline check valve and eliminated the problem. There is a link to where you can purchase one on the page that Dan pointed you to in the Water Systems Guide. I bought two so I now have a spare.

yport

Sweet ... that sounds like the simplest fix Mike ... thanks all for the input ... and Dan for the reference link.

yport

Well - the answer was - I had a faulty Anderson main control valve. Heartland's great service came thru again. After an explanatory email to them, they identified the problem and mailed me a replacement. Thanks Heartland ... again !!

rxbristol

Well - the answer was - I had a faulty Anderson main control valve. Heartland's great service came thru again. After an explanatory email to them, they identified the problem and mailed me a replacement. Thanks Heartland ... again !!

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it fixed.