Quality - Some feedback for factory

DocFather

shakinghead_zps4ebb3ee5.gif

porthole

Retired
Funny how we're all reading his rants, though.

If my brand new rig was stuck in a shop I'd be ranting as well.

Funny, the very first trip with the Cyclone (Indiana dealer to home) resulted in a slide issue. Got home a little after 2am, Deb of course was excited to see the much heralded about Cyclone - Started putting the slides out, OK with the bedroom slide - but the living room didn't stop at the wall :eek:

Expressed my dis-pleasure, retracted the slides and went to bed.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Funny how those with issues, keep coming back to the dealers not fixing what they are suppose to fix! Heartland does not fix issues that happen after the sale. Dealers do (unless your fortunate to be able to get your RV back to the factory). Heartland does do a great job of trying to make the dealers do their job, but can't fix stupid! If it really is a issue with the slide, Heartland did not make the slide mechanism. They just put their box on it. So if it worked when it left the factory they figured it was done correctly. Now if they are told and see a trend, that is where HL can fix the issue. But having a couple of units that are not right, does not make a trend. But as the Ashland is a new floor plan, having a couple that have the same issue is something I am sure they are looking into. As I see it, bashing and complaining does not fix anything, working with them gets your RV fix! JMHO!!!

jbeletti

I too feel for Fred as he's yet to be able to use his new coach due to needing repairs. Not much I can do from where I sit - but wheels are turning, albeit slowly.

Thank you forum members who've stepped forward to advise how the What's New feature works. If you posted something, it's not new to you and is still right there on your screen after you submit it. Once you immediately click What's New, you won't see it as there's nothing new to "you" until someone replies to it.

Just some quick thoughts (not a full set of rules) on what could cause a post to be deleted due to a forum rule violation:

• Talk about litigiation and related
  • Posting over and over and over about the same thing without adding anything new/updated to the matter
  • Using the forum as one's own platform for a social media campaign against Heartland, it vendors or dealers
  • Open discussion of actual "new" coach pricing (MSRP discussions are okay)
  • Swearing
  • Disrespectful behavior/comments
  • Comments that are irrelavant/not helpful to the matter and are typically made to "stir the pot"
The forum exists as a community where we can help one another. I also flow some info upline to corporate if I think it can help us and our customers. Heartland corporate (brand GMs) do engage on here on occassion. Service, Marketing and Engineering rarely frequent the forum, so it's not a place to attempt to dialog with them. The direct method (phone, letter, email) is best for that.

ATF (Ask the Factory) threads do not go to Service. They are auto-routed to the brand GMs. It's then up to the GM to detemine how to respond. In some cases, the GM will engage within the thread. In other cases, they will push the thread to Service for review and Service may contact the OP (original poster). But the ATF is not a good place to engage at too deep a level. The GMs are not engineers or product users. The best way to not get any response in the ATF is to go deep on a comment/question. That said, product owners and users - you guys end up answer most ATF questions and do so quite accurately. Thank you for that.

I've wanted on several occassions in the last 5 years, to remove the ATFs altogether as it's sort of a misnomer when a deep question is asked that a brand GM can't answer, then 10 owners reply with 9 good answers. But my boss asked me to keep the ATFs active - so they remain :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Funny, the very first trip with the Cyclone (Indiana dealer to home) resulted in a slide issue. Got home a little after 2am, Deb of course was excited to see the much heralded about Cyclone - Started putting the slides out, OK with the bedroom slide - but the living room didn't stop at the wall :eek:

Expressed my dis-pleasure, retracted the slides and went to bed.

Fine, rant about the problem (within forum limitations) but don't accuse anyone of censorship or sweeping the problem under the rug when it's not happening. Software expert or not, I've been following this thread and all of his posts are here.