Question about plumbing

Pulltab

Update 9/25:

Pipe from galley tank has been rerouted underneath the belly and the waste valve installed at the exit of the tank. The vent pipe has been run out of the fridge vent and above the cap. The tanks have all be shored up and supported and the fresh water tank tilted. I have some things to finish up that I personally wanted to change but Heartlands part has been corrected and I am hoping the smell problem will be gone. :)

Last edited:

Pulltab

Well, now I have the work completed and it was a great opportunity to correct some wrongs but also make some mods I wanted to do while the bottom was off.

To Heartlands credit they stepped up to the plate IMMEDIATELY when I complained and took care of the issue. I had emailed Scott and he instantly put someone onto the problem. Granted it should have never occured but we don't live in a perfect world. Important thing is it got corrected and they were insistent that I have someone do the work even though I said I would do it. Jim Fenner told me it was not my responsibility to repair it and that they would take care of it. Jim worked with me to get the job accomplished. Thanks Scott, Jim and Heartland for standing behind the product! :D

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well Pulltab, Just got our 2955RL last saturday. Ya think I should take off the belly cover and look at all the plumbing???

Pulltab

Bob, I am going to speak personally for myself. I have never bought and RV without inspecting all aspects of it. That is me though I like to tinker but also want is due for the money I spent. Often problems do not arise till you are out of warranty. That is what I want to avoid.

Pulling the bottom off is work intensive and difficult as the bottom is put on when the frame is upside down and no axles on it. Afterwards I think you can see the ensuing trouble. So do what your gut tells you would be my suggestion.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks PT, Maybe I will get my creeper out and start looking around, Like doing creepy things ya know, sounds like good advise. Still need to fix the water heater leak. Bob

lark73

Are you sure the tank didn't fall and the straps caught it before the tank fell completely out. That has been something seen before in a HL unit.