Question about the slide in a slide that I have

Dmetcalf

We just purchased the Cyclone 4007 and it has the slide in a slide for our bedroom. My question is should I push out the bigger slide first then push out the smaller or outer one ..? Then bring in the outer or smaller one first then bring in the bigger one ..?

pegmikef

We just purchased the Cyclone 4007 and it has the slide in a slide for our bedroom. My question is should I push out the bigger slide first then push out the smaller or outer one ..? Then bring in the outer or smaller one first then bring in the bigger one ..?

On our Oshkosh, I was instructed to open the big one first and then the small one. Reverse the process when closing, small one first, then big one. We have almost 12k miles on our 2018 and used this procedure many times. One of the nice things is if the weather is really bad, you can close the small one and still have plenty of room.

Dmetcalf

On our Oshkosh, I was instructed to open the big one first and then the small one. Reverse the process when closing, small one first, then big one. We have almost 12k miles on our 2018 and used this procedure many times. One of the nice things is if the weather is really bad, you can close the small one and still have plenty of room.

Thank you for your reply to my question.! I figured that was how it should probably be done but just thought I would ask. That sure opens up a room with that configuration..!

Matt750

Also, keep in mind that this is the schwintek slide out system (I think there is a write up about it in the "tools" section). I have been advised by Heartland that when you open/close the slides, you need to hold down the switch and let the system "time out". In other words, don't partially open/close one of the slides. Let it fully open or fully close. I was also advised by Heartland to open the big one first and then open the smaller one. Reverse when closing. On mine (4007), the bigger bedroom slide is the smaller switch and the bed slide is the larger switch. Definitely need to label!

pegmikef

Also, keep in mind that this is the schwintek slide out system (I think there is a write up about it in the "tools" section). I have been advised by Heartland that when you open/close the slides, you need to hold down the switch and let the system "time out". In other words, don't partially open/close one of the slides. Let it fully open or fully close. I was also advised by Heartland to open the big one first and then open the smaller one. Reverse when closing. On mine (4007), the bigger bedroom slide is the smaller switch and the bed slide is the larger switch. Definitely need to label!

Yeah I found that out the hard way. On mine, the main slide switch is in the main control panel, but the switch for the bed slide is above the night stand in the main slide (hard to mix those up).

Last edited:

Dmetcalf

Thank you for the good advice..! We stuck a small label on them last night for just that reason ..!!