Question for those who know...

uncledon

Her chauffeur
how the folks down in Florida go about sifting for sharks teeth in the rivers. I ask because I stumbled on this little hobby while researching a campground on the Peace River. We will be camping for a couple of weeks in December right on the river and our grand daughter will be with us for part of the time. I think she would get a kick out of finding some teeth.

I understand one can do this without special license. Anyone done this and care to expound for me? Thx.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
how the folks down in Florida go about sifting for sharks teeth in the rivers. I ask because I stumbled on this little hobby while researching a campground on the Peace River. We will be camping for a couple of weeks in December right on the river and our grand daughter will be with us for part of the time. I think she would get a kick out of finding some teeth.

I understand one can do this without special license. Anyone done this and care to expound for me? Thx.

Keep your eyes open for Mr. Gator

farside291

I lived at Homestead for 9 years until Andrew blew us out and I have not heard of this. But, we used to, at this time of year go shrimping. We would wear headlamps and have two large dip nets and a minnow bucket to put the caught shrimp in. At night, walk in the shallows where there is grass, shining your headlight into the water. Look for red eyes, those are shrimp. Put a net in front of the red eyes and one behind. Move the front net toward the eyes and the shrimp will dart into the other net. Stick your hand in the net pull out your prize and place in minnow bucket that is tied to a rope attached to your belt loop. We would catch sometimes 10 or 12 dozen shrimp in just a few hours. The DW would stay on shore with a pan of boiling water to cook some of the shrimp to munch on. Yummy, fresh shrimp!