Question on long term parking

chardel

Have been considering staying several months to a year in an RV park and moving the RV only perhaps a month or two each year to another static location and then back again for another lengthly stay at the RV park. Wondering if there are any "rules of thumb" or recommendations from the factory about what is the best method to "store" the Bighorn for extended periods? Should the frame be jacked up and blocked (jack stands or other) if being not moved for some period of time (3 months, 6 months, 1 year?) and if so is best method, support under the frame fore and aft of the wheels on each side just taking weight off tires or tires just off the ground? Any thoughts or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Bobby A

We have done the long term stay/short term travel you speek of, you will get many opinions and good info on your questions. I will tell you what I have done. First, as long as your tires are inflated to the recommended pressure stamped on the tire, it is not necessary to put your coach on blocks, but you should use tire covers to help presurve your tires. Some people do use jacks before and aft the tires on the frame to help stabelize the tire bounce when walking on the inside of the coach.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have read you should be sure your tires are inflated to max cold air pressure when you set up. Also park on some boards to keep your tires from being in contract with the ground. Periodically open and close your slides to keep the mechanism lubricated.