Question on switches in my 2013 4100 King

dhsevers

AJ got our new 4100 12/29/2012 with the Canadian Artic Package. I have a question is the tank heaters 12v or 110v? I have two switches one that say yeti and I believe that is for the 12v pipe heaters and then there's a switch that looks like a regular 110 wall switch with a lighted red toggle. Can you tell me if this is the tank heater the switch is not marked.

Thanks

jbeletti

Don,

I believe the Yeti switch controls only the tank heaters. They are 110 VAC. The water line is 12 VDC heated and I am not sure it has a switch as it's auto-regulated.

The un-marked red-toggle switch is likely for the water heater AC heating rod.

Last edited:

jbeletti

OK - AJ will have to weigh in on this. But rather than wait, call Customer Service first thing in the morning at 877-262-8032. They can look this up.

dhsevers

Thanks for the customer service number. Customer service confirmed that the switch marked yeti was for the 12v pipe heater and the laege wall switch with the red lights toggle was the tank heaters.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Don, not having the Yeti package, the only red lited switch I have is for the 110V HW heater. Do you have another switch for the tank heaters? Maybe the pipe heater also runs the tank heaters. I think you need to get this clarified before you damage something. The HW heater must be full of water before you turn the switch on or you will burn up the heating element. JMHO

danemayer

Thanks for the customer service number. Customer service confirmed that the switch marked yeti was for the 12v pipe heater and the laege wall switch with the red lights toggle was the tank heaters.
Hmm, that must be a recent change. I believe the 12V pipe heat tape previously had a thermostat control that didn't require a switch.

If you're feeling adventurous, you might pull the switch and see what kind of wire is attached. The 12V pipe heater probably uses a relative thin 14 gauge wire whereas the 110V circuits use a heavier romex type of wire. I don't think the large light switches are typically used for 12V applications, which is why I'm wondering.

jbeletti

I'm learning the 2 plants CY and LM/BH/BC may be doing this differently where CY is adding a switch to the DC heat line for the fresh water line.

dhsevers

Don, not having the Yeti package, the only red lited switch I have is for the 110V HW heater. Do you have another switch for the tank heaters? Maybe the pipe heater also runs the tank heaters. I think you need to get this clarified before you damage something. The HW heater must be full of water before you turn the switch on or you will burn up the heating element. JMHO

Yes I have a large switch with a lighted red toggle, along with two other switches on the main panel for the water heater for electric and one for propane.

alaska dodge

On my 2013 4100, the red lighted switch controls the tank heaters and the black switch that is 12V controls the water line

jbeletti

See told you so - Cyclones are just built better :cool:

And from what I understand, we're taking the CY design into the other plants for the Yeti option. Not sure when it will go into production, but seems we will be doing this consistently across all plants soon. Oh - and with marked switches :)