Question on washer

Mcook

Does the washer drain to black tank?
I had the dealer install new washer/dryer combo in my new 4200.
Dealer told me it would drain into grey tank.
After first wash with no use on toilette s the black water gauge was showing increase in reading, grey tanks were zero.
Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Hi Mcook,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members with Cyclones will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Hunter11

The washer on our Landmark drains into the bathroom grey tank. To me a washer draining into the black tank would not be a good thing.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your rig came with the W/D prep already in place, the factory SHOULD have plumbed it to the gray tank. Depending on the cycle selected, a combo W/D can use up to 11 gallons of water. I open the gray #1 dump valve when running it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Did the washer/dryer get installed in the front washer/dryer closet?
That closet came from the factory already prepped. All that needed to be done is connect the dots.

Peace
Dave

Mcook

Did the washer/dryer get installed in the front washer/dryer closet?
That closet came from the factory already prepped. All that needed to be done is connect the dots.

Peace
Dave
It was installed in front closet and was supposed to have the W/D prep.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One more thing to add here is that the tank level gauges are notably inaccurate.

Peace
Dave

OEFVET

The closet came from the factory already prepped for washer/dryer. Open the cabinet to access your TV and washer/dryer. You should see a u shaped drain hose going from washing machine to the prepped factory drain. (Just like your washing machine in a house) if it is attached to the aforementioned drain then it will go into the main bathroom (grey#1) tank. A wash cycle uses anywhere from 10-16 gallons of water.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what the book says for water usage, but yesterday we did a load of wash and I had the water drain into a bucket.
6 gallons of water used for a normal wash rinse cycle.

Peace
Dave

Mcook

I stand corrected, I run a washer load tonight with all tanks empty and grey #1 was 1/3 full when finished. Guess I was pressing wrong button the first time....thanks for all the replies.

buddyboy

I stand corrected, I run a washer load tonight with all tanks empty and grey #1 was 1/3 full when finished. Guess I was pressing wrong button the first time....thanks for all the replies.

Easy to do! Learning all about your trailer will be an ongoing adventure.

apc427

we just had a washer/dryer combo installed last week and I love it! We keep our grey tanks open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
All of the Cyclone's have washer / dryer prep except the 300C and 3418. Most are located in front closet, and the others are in the garage.

thanks,

AJ

Mcook

The closet came from the factory already prepped for washer/dryer. Open the cabinet to access your TV and washer/dryer. You should see a u shaped drain hose going from washing machine to the prepped factory drain. (Just like your washing machine in a house) if it is attached to the aforementioned drain then it will go into the main bathroom (grey#1) tank. A wash cycle uses anywhere from 10-16 gallons of water.
My closet was prepped for everything but the dryer vent...Dealer installed the vent. They were asking $500 to install the unit/vent, but they included in the price of washer/dryer combo.

Mcook

My closet was prepped for everything but the dryer vent...Dealer installed the vent. They were asking $500 to install the unit/vent, but they included in the price of washer/dryer combo.

I guess I got what paid for...
While in the process of winterizing the washer combo, I noticed the washer was sitting on the hot water hose and it appeared to be pinched. When I went to remove the washer hold down brackets to move the hose, there were none.
Its just sitting in the closet.
I also read on this forum there should be a tub underneath the washer, nope not mine, way too much to ask for.
Thank you Camping World Dothan ALA .
I drove 2 hours further to Dothan to keep from buying at Camping World Central ALA due to that locations very poor service department experience.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

apc427

We had a pan put under ours with a drain. If the washer ever leaks it doesn't ruin my floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk