Question on washer

We are about to install a washer and dryer. The pan/drain sounds like a very good idea. Did the installer do it and did the drain require additional drilling, etc., or did they tap into the existing washer prep drain? Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When a drain pan is installed it will go into the plumbing. Normally there is a separate hose or PEX line that will drain to the outside.

Peace
Dave

Thanks. Now all we have to do is decide on what make to purchase. We've heard good things about the Splendide Aristide models. Which one did you choose?

Westwind

If installed correctly the pan drain should drain to the outside through the chase that you see above the door side storage compartment door. You could easily fish the hose yourself. I would advise you to purchase about 4 pkg of steel wool and fill in the left and right openings on either side of the chase to prevent mice from getting into the trailer along with opens under the kitchen sink and bath vanity. Right now we are trying to trap a mouse that has had a good time exploring in our trailer and leaving a trail all over.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. Now all we have to do is decide on what make to purchase. We've heard good things about the Splendide Aristide models. Which one did you choose?
We have the Splendide Ariston washer and stackable dryer. Awesome, wish we would have done it sooner.

Peace
Dave

Thanks. That sounds like the direction we'll take. I want to buy them where they will also install them. I presume Camping World does that.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The only problem with the drain pan is the washer can slide around on it more easily. We had our washer on the drain pan and it would move when traveling. So we removed the drain pan allowing the washer to sit directly on the floor. It doesn't move now. BTW the only reason you would need a drain pan is due to a malfunction causing a leak. After having washer and dryer for over 15 years we only experienced a leak twice, once when a water supply hose came slightly loose and another time when the drain hose fell out of the drain (my fault for not putting it in correctly)

TxCowboy

The problem with the stackable W/D is that it is almost impossible to reach the water cutoff valves. You have to remove the dryer to get to them.

This is my main concern with having a washer / dryer in my Landmark.

Mburtsvt

The only problem with the drain pan is the washer can slide around on it more easily. We had our washer on the drain pan and it would move when traveling. So we removed the drain pan allowing the washer to sit directly on the floor. It doesn't move now. BTW the only reason you would need a drain pan is due to a malfunction causing a leak. After having washer and dryer for over 15 years we only experienced a leak twice, once when a water supply hose came slightly loose and another time when the drain hose fell out of the drain (my fault for not putting it in correctly)

We use the combo washer once or twice a week. I turn off the 2 water valves after every use. 3 years and so far so good.

apc427

I have a cyclone 4200. We have stackables, our shut offs on the right side, easy to get to. I guess it depends on what model unit you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have the water valves mounted in the front, so you didn't have the issue that Jeff & Laurie just mentioned? That would be a good mod if possible.

OEFVET

I have a cyclone 4200. We have stackables, our shut offs on the right side, easy to get to. I guess it depends on what model unit you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the same setup. No issues at all getting to the shut off valves.

Sent by NY Horse Holder