Questions for Landmark 365 owners

rdgt67

I have read a lot of threads and become somewhat brain dead. I have questions about the LM 365 only:
1. Is anyone using the pullrite superlite hitch?
2. Has anyone installed a tankless water heater?
3. Has anyone replaced the cheap carpet?
I can find responses about lots of other products butvam curious about the LM 365...

danemayer

Re: Questions for landmark 365 owners

Hi rdtg67,

For the questions you're asking, there wouldn't be much difference between Landmark 365, Bighorn, and Big Country. They all have similar floor plans and are built on the same manufacturing lines. Many of the materials and appliances are identical across all 3 models.

We have a 2011 Landmark and had the carpet replaced last spring with residential carpet. I don't think the job would be much different on a newer LM 365. The original carpet gets put down early in the manufacturing process and then other things are put in place. I left the original carpet under the washer/dryer because it would have added too much work to move them, and they're behind doors. Also, there are many irregular shapes all through the coach. It's a much more difficult project for an installer than putting carpet in a house. I took most of the furniture out before they arrived. We had 2 guys working a long day - around 10 hours. As you might imagine, the labor bill was significant. And of course you can spend as much as you want on the carpet and padding.

Oldelevatorman

I'm using a B&W companion hitch. Don't feel the need to swap out the water heater. Takes less than 30 seconds to get hot and we haven't run out ever. The carpet, yeah it's not the best but it's just the bedroom and not that important. I'd much rather add solar, add more batteries etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
We have the cheap heat in our Landmark and love it.The past 3 days it has been in the low 20s and it keeps the 5th wheel toasty. We have been traveling from Hamburg ,NY. to Alabama and when we have gotten to the camp grounds it has been 40 inside.It takes about 1 hour for the Landmark to heat up.When you are in camp grounds and do not have to pay for electric it is great.

ksucats

I don't know / remember reading about anyone who has 'replaced' their water heater to a tankless one but Jim Beletti (spelling may be wrong - I apologize in advance) has one in his coach which was factory installed.

jbeletti

I don't know / remember reading about anyone who has 'replaced' their water heater to a tankless one but Jim Beletti (spelling may be wrong - I apologize in advance) has one in his coach which was factory installed.

Though I'm not sensitive to it - your spelling was correct :)

Yes, I have a tankless water heater. Have had one in the past too. In all honesty, endless hot water is nothing Nancy and I need. Now, if there were more people living in our RV where many back-to-back showers were needed, that would make more sense for us.

This said, it is nice to not have to remember to turn the electric heating rod off, then back on. Anytime you need hot water, just open a hot water tap and you'll get it.

A con is that is uses propane as it's only fuel source, but I have to say, it is very fuel efficient and I haven't noticed any increased propane consumption by having it.

jayc

Legendary Member
I can't help with the hitch question. We are using a Reese 20k hitch with very good results.

I agree with the others about the tankless water heater, no need to have it. Just me and the wife and we have never run out of hot water.

The major carpet in our Oshkosh is in the bedroom and it actually seems to be a better quality from our 2011 Grand Canyon.

CoveredWagon

Someone reported a while ago about having a problem with the Pullrite superlite hitch.

There is also a lot of discussion about the Andersen hitch which is much like the Pullrite. It’s the original one of this type. While one member reported having an issue with the Andersen, the rest seem to think it’s the best hitch of this design. It’s made in stoke and