Questions on the 3070 & 3185...

Sneakie

We are trying to decide between a 2013 BH3070 and a 2013 BH3185. We haven't actually seen either one so would be ordering site unseen. Anyone have any comments about likes / dislikes on either models?

Also, we were wondering if you can access the fridge on the 3185 when the slides are in? It almost looks like you can in the pictures but it might be close??

Looks like there is more space in the bathroom of the 3070? Does the 3185 bathroom feel tight?

Also, where is the tv in the bedroom of the 3185??

Can you fit two people in the kitchen of the 3185 at the same time? Say one at the sink and one at the stove?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi there, I just picked up my 3185 last Sat. We bought it sight unseen. We had so many questions that went unanswered. Now I can answer some of yours although we have not gone out on a trip yet. We got the 6 point level up and the 4 door frig with ice maker so it is heavier than documented.You can access the frig, bathroom, and bedroom with TV all with the slides in.The bathroom does seem to be small but we haven't used it yet, The living room and kitchen is so roomy you could have a party of 12 and have fun. In my family I don't dare get in the kitchen when D.B. wife is there, but it is roomy. hope this helps.
Wayne & Pat in Florida

Sneakie

Thanks Wayne & Pat. Just wondering if you can access your fridge because it is a 4-door or if you think you still could on the standard fridge?? It would fit in the same hole just not as wide.
Where is the TV in your bedroom located?
Glad to hear the LR is roomy... I am leaning more towards the 3185 everyday!!

BuckO

Wow, the 2013s are out already! Seems like we just got our 2012 3185.
We had the same decisions to make when we selected ours. We chose the 3185 because of the living area and gave up a little space in the bedroom. It looks like the layout is probably identical, so I will comment on your questions.
1) The TV goes above the dresser in the bedroom. We did install a swivel mount, but have not moved it since it was installed.
2) Our standard refrigerator will not open fully with the slides in. It just touches the countertop. If the top was one inch shorter, it would open. Maybe they corrected that on the 2013.
3) I do not remember the 3070 bathroom, but have not had any difficulty with the size of ours.
Best of luck with your decision! We are still happy with ours.

Yes the fridge will open no problem there. The TV in the bedroom is on a swivel mount above the dresser. As I said we just got ours and have not gone out in it yet, we will on may 20th. It looks to me like they designed it to be used even if you are staying over at Walmart and don't want the 3 slides out. The fridge, bathroom and bedroom would be available, although not much room. Wayne

patsak

We have a 2010 3185 and live in it 4 months of the year. The living room and kitchen are extremely roomy and comfortable. The storage space below is smaller than other models but we haven't even used all of the available space in the trailer. I love cooking in my kitchen. Refrigerator is available when closed up and you can reach the bdroom through the bathroom. The bathroom does not feel small. I would rather have the space in the living room and kitchen. I love the closets in the hall and the larger dresser drawers. When we ordered ours, we had the dealer install a swivel mount installed above the dresser and in the storage space below the trailer so we could move the smaller TV outside if we wanted to.

sandrattt

We have a 3070 and you cannot open the refrig door more than about 3 inches with the slide in. You can, however, open just 1 slide by closing the hyd. valve of the slide you do not want to open. The bathroom is really nice.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have a 2012 3185 and love it. We travel with our 2 dogs, Hanna and Samson, both rotties and we have plenty of room except for the queen bed. Hanna and Samson complain a bit about the queen size mattress when we go to sleep, they would of preferred a king. Both dogs state that we, DW and myself take up too much room and they have sleeping issues. As for kitchen space its great for us and again both rotties fit in there with the DW at meal time. Now for the bathroom question, we think there is plenty of room for us in the bathroom. One at a time and all works fine. Plenty of butt and elbow room in shower and at sink. TV in bedroom on swivel and 2nd AC in bedroom also. Overall we went for the extra space in living area which connects to kitchen eatting area and we love it. Oh by the way Sammy and Hanna want you to know they like it also. Our refer door had to be switched form a left to right opening to a right to left opening to open it when slide is in. We also had to choose between 3070 and 3185 and went with 3185 for overall comfort.

Westwind

Hi, we have a 3070RL and have just finished spending the last 3 months in it in Florida, loved it. Bathroom was spacious and I'm short and broad in width, don't like the word wide, but I am. :rolleyes: The island worked out real well even thought we had our doubts in the beginning. We had the kitchen slide quit on us on the way home so for one night we were not able to get the refer. Thankfully we had two TV dinner's in the freezer. The bolt on holding the hydraulic piston in place had fallen off and the piston fell off the bracket on the frame. It was an easy fix. Now I'm wondering if the island can be fastened in a different manner so if this happens again it could be loosened and moved to allow access to the refer? I would still want it permanently anchored though, another mod to do. We didn't want a big trailer and 34 ft some inches was fine but some of the larger trailers have a lighter pin weight. The 3070 has a factory weighed pin weight of 2300 lbs which is a little heavy for this size trailer. The Big Country has a floor plan that is very similar and it's pin weight is lighter.
We also added a Splendide W/D to the floorplan and my wife loves it, I like not giving up a whole morning sitting in the truck in front of a laundry or hauling dirty or clean clothes to the laundry.

Last edited:

Sneakie

Thank you all SO MUCH for all of your comments and great details. I am pretty sure we are leaning towards the 3185. Just need to sell our camper first before we become Big Horn owners!!!
Thanks again everyone.