Quietest Forum of them all?

npaden

Looks like I will be joining the quiet group. Put the deposit down on a new old stock 2023 Gravity 3570 yesterday and going to go pick it up Saturday.

Some unbelievable discounts right now on 5th wheel toy haulers. I made an offer on an already very heavily discounted unit and they talked it over and ended up accepting it. I had pretty much settled on a used unit that I was going to go look at today but figured it didn't hurt to make the offer and I guess it did hurt because they accepted it.

Anyway, joined the forum and would appreciate any input from other Gravity owners. If it stays this quiet I will probably start a new post in the main owners forum.

Thanks, Nathan

Bogie

Congrats on your purchase. I don't have a Gravity, but you should take a look at the Pre Delivery Inspection check list posted by Oregon Camper. You can find it in this forum here: https://manuals.heartlandowners.org...n Checklist from Oregon_Camper 06-07-2017.pdf

Take your time and be through. Don't let the dealer pressure you into completing the sale before you have inspected the RV and are satisfied. Create a list of any items that need to be addressed and get a commitment from the dealer to fix them.

Good Luck.

npaden

Picked it up Saturday. Tried to go through the whole PDI checklist but didn’t get everything checked off. Ran out of time and patience. Found a few minor items that they corrected.

First time towing a 5th wheel. Felt a little different with the weight in the bed but pulled well.

Found a new on pallet Onan 7000 on Facebook marketplace that was pretty much on the way for just $200 more than the cheapest I have found for a 5500 online, so I picked it up on the way down there. Just under 500 miles each way total drive.

IMG_0025.jpeg
Using an Anderson Ultimate Hitch Gen 3. Clearance seems good. I didn’t try to get to 90 degrees on the turn but it still had quite a bit of room at this angle. I was by myself so just didn't want to be jumping in and out of the truck to check it every few inches.
IMG_0027.jpeg
A little more squat that I would prefer. Have a set of Timbrens on the way. Probably should just go straight to air bags. I will be pulling it decent mileage but only using it around 3 or 4 weeks a year tops so ride comfort when loaded isn't as big of a priority as just reducing squat. I'm good on payload capacity, just don't like the squat. Hoping to gain about an inch or inch and a half.
IMG_0028.jpeg
My RV cover is too small. Trying to sort out if I can get another segment added to it. Sure glad I went with 16' wide because with slide outs on both sides it clears about 8" on one side and 18" on the other with it right in the middle. 14' wide would have been too narrow.
IMG_0035.jpeg
Overall I thought it was in pretty good shape for sitting on the lot for 2 years. One nice surprise is it had a 200 watt solar panel already hooked up and working. The listing said 20 watt so I figured it was some kind of a battery tender type thing but it is a 6’ x 3’ panel up there.

IMG_0024.jpeg

Probably need to wash the roof soon.

Oh well, pretty excited still. Felt like I got a very good deal on it. Paid $50,000 even.

Last edited:

Dahillbilly

Picked it up Saturday. Tried to go through the whole PDI checklist but didn’t get everything checked off. Ran out of time and patience. Found a few minor items that they corrected.

First time towing a 5th wheel. Felt a little different with the weight in the bed but pulled well.

Found a new on pallet Onan 7000 on Facebook marketplace that was pretty much on the way for just $200 more than the cheapest I have found for a 5500 online, so I picked it up on the way down there. Just under 500 miles each way total drive.

View attachment 69628
Using an Anderson Ultimate Hitch Gen 3. Clearance seems good. I didn’t try to get to 90 degrees on the turn but it still had quite a bit of room at this angle. I was by myself so just didn't want to be jumping in and out of the truck to check it every few inches.
View attachment 69629
A little more squat that I would prefer. Have a set of Timbrens on the way. Probably should just go straight to air bags. I will be pulling it decent mileage but only using it around 3 or 4 weeks a year tops so ride comfort when loaded isn't as big of a priority as just reducing squat. I'm good on payload capacity, just don't like the squat. Hoping to gain about an inch or inch and a half.
View attachment 69630
My RV cover is too small. Trying to sort out if I can get another segment added to it. Sure glad I went with 16' wide because with slide outs on both sides it clears about 8" on one side and 18" on the other with it right in the middle. 14' wide would have been too narrow.
View attachment 69631
Overall I thought it was in pretty good shape for sitting on the lot for 2 years. One nice surprise is it had a 200 watt solar panel already hooked up and working. The listing said 20 watt so I figured it was some kind of a battery tender type thing but it is a 6’ x 3’ panel up there.

View attachment 69632

Probably need to wash the roof soon.

Oh well, pretty excited still. Felt like I got a very good deal on it. Paid $50,000 even.
looks like mold on the roof PIA to clean off & then to wash off side of camper. Word of advice when washing roof rinse side walls of camper more than the roof will save you time washing side walls later. Been there done that!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Back when we had a 3670 and s GMC 3500 dually, I put Timbrens on. Easy install, no fiddling with air lines, and without the trailer on, the standard leaf springs still rode “like a truck”. But then, we only towed twice a year, 200 miles to a seasonal site and back.

Ya pays yer money and takes yet choice..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk