Rain noise on the slide out while sleeping...??

300winmag

So the gf and I were at a multi seller sale on the weekend and it started to rain a bit a few hours in.. a blessing in disguise I guess.
The slide out in the master bedroom brings the bed out so your head is in the slide out, just like the cyclone 4100 i want. Now it was hardly raining more of a sprinkle then raining but man could we hear the rain drops hitting the top of the slide out! Is that what its like with the 4100? I cant remember what brand it was because we were in so many but i am concerned this will be a problem for us. We could sleep with our heads on the other side of the bed if we had to I guess.... does it bother any of you?

danemayer

Hi 300winmag,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

We have a Landmark, but the head of the bed is also under the slideout roof. We have slideout awnings that keep the rain from hitting the hard surface of the slideout roof. In heavy rain the RV roof gets noisy, but I've never noticed the slideout roof getting noisy.

pegmikef

The slide topper awnings really make a difference. I went from a TT where the bed was at the front with a celing not much higher than the bedroom slide ceiling and any rain seemed like the sound was magnified, but in the fiver with the slide toppers it is completely different.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We enjoy the rain on the roof sound and will turn off radio to listen to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have never been in any RV with slides that you can't hear the rain on top of the slide. Sounds like slide toppers maybe the answer for you. Personally I like the noise. RV's do not have a roof like a sticks and bricks home does. We had heavy rain and hail here this morning and could really hear it on the roof of our home.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Wait until you hear acorns dropping on the roof at 2:00 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think they should put a metal roof on them so we can hear the rain
I like the rain also, but I had a Lance camper for 18 years with an aluminum roof. Take my word for it, you might want to rethink that idea. Trace

jnbhobe

I like the rain also, but I had a Lance camper for 18 years with an aluminum roof. Take my word for it, you might want to rethink that idea. Trace

I've had many aluminum roofed trailers and I know what you mean.

Mrsfish

We dry camp a lot in the high country, so while I concur with the pinecone falling on the roof, I will see you with a wolf call. Might be 3 pr 4 miles away, but sounds like it's at your front door. The only thing maybe scarier is when one of the free range cattle rubs your rig in the middle of the night. What is it? Bear, person, alien? Until you realize it's just a cow. Give me rain on my slide out any night, I sleep like a baby.

scottyb

Every time I drive through OK, we get hit by a thunderstorm. Yes, the rain is very loud on the BR slide of a 4100. A nice gentle rain is nice but a very hard rain is a little too much. For those of you with slide toppers, how do they fare under windy conditions?

jimtoo

Yes, the rain does make a little noise on the slide, but it has not bothered us much. We know it's raining... now this is just when we have been in other states. Come to Texas if you don't want to hear rain on your slides, cause it aint been raining here in a long time. :)

300winmag

Hahaha I love all your answers!
You guys on this forum are a big reason I am leaning towards the 4100!
I will make sure the awnings will be included in the sale.

oscar

Yes, sometimes when it rains hard the sound (which I like too) will get a little loud. Then me and my sweetie will wake a little and one of us will say:

"Hey honey......"
"What?"
"It's another good night not to be in a tent!"
"hmmmmmmm........."