rally and quilting

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi--just wondering if we are going to have any quilters at our rally.

If so, do you want to go check out the quilt shops in the area?
Christina space 314
None

sharmulst

Yes, I am a quilter. I have been quilting for 13 years and am an avid quilter. I would love to go to the quilt shops. We will be in Goshen on Tuesday, May 29. Our space #422. I also want to go to Shipshwana.
We are excited about the rally.:)

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi Sharon

we will arrive on the 31st--please don't go to the quilt shops without me. I have been quilting for 6 years and it is my passion. See in quilting you make friends quickly. We are traveling from California to the Rally.

I have written your site down and I will look you up when we arrive.
Christina;)

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Hi Quilters -

Arriving on the 30th from Windsor, Ontario. I have been sewing/quilting for a number of years. Have been to the shops in Shipshewana, lots of things to see, including quilt shops and wonderful eating places. You will enjoy.
I have written down your sites and hope to meet up with all of you.

Gayle, Wayne & Heidi (our dog)
Site #468

cjbearden

Visitor
:confused: I am not a quilter but do love to own quilts. We were recently in the Elkhart area and did go to Shipshewana to a quilt shop in a very small crafters' mall. When I saw the prices, I was slap down flabbergasted to say the least. My question to you avid quilters - what is a reasonable price for a good handmade quilt? The prices I saw were like $1975.00. I have never heard or seen such a price before and wondered if a quilt you actually plan to use every day is worth that. I have a cousin in NE Texas who quilts and he and his wife gets around $300 to $400 for their quilts. Love to hear what you ladies have to say about prices. Thanks.
CJ

sharmulst

:eek: Yes, quilts are worth that much. If one stops to think of the time and money put into a quilt it is reasonable. I know $1900 dollars seems like a lot but if it is totaly hand quilted it is worth it. I did Christmas quilt that I spent $200 for the material, that included the backing, batting and top. Just for fun I kept track of my time and I had in over 300 hours just sewing the top together. There were still several hours that I didn't write down, laying out the blocks in the right order, piecing the back, etc. I paid $179 to have it machine quilted. So you can see that is a $1.26 for my time not worth it to sell for 3 to 4 hundred dollars. I will have it with me as it stays in the 5er. Use it from day after Thanksgiving until Epiphany. Looking forward to meeting you ladies.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
MY mother in law quilts and she has made some beautiful ones I have one that stays in the 5er you do have to love it I don't think I could sit that long I take my hat off to you . Kathy:)