Ram 3500 vs Ford F350 Highway MPG Comparison - TFL Truck Review

1_oldgoat

AAdams, same set up as my 2013, i bought it new last year, it was a leftover the dealer had and was to good of a deal to pass on. I have put close to 24k on it in 14 months, and would have done the tuner sooner if i would have know how much difference it made. This new package is supposed to have more power and torque than my 07 had with all the mods so i didn't think it was necessary. Man was i wrong, makes a world of difference as far as throttle response, power is very noticable.
I went with an Edge juice, color screen, no reprogramming of the stock ecm and it won't show as ever have been installed if i have to take it to the dealership for any work. It just plugs into the main harness, modifies signals and add more fuel and timing changes for power. Simple to install. Not promoteing any manufacture of tuners here, just the reason why i chose what i did. The intake uses the active air motor to, so that system stays on as well.
I kust have gotten lucky, no problems with the truck so far at all, i do change oil every 3k instead of 15k as per recomendation, cheap insurance, i use Castrol, the other major brands my oil pressure dropped 10psi so i stick with a little more expensive stuff.
Anyway, it sounds like you are getting the same mileage as i was, we bucked some winds on our last trip and did loose 2 plus mpg on a couple tanks of fuel. Once we hit Oregon and lower elevations no wind it came right back up.

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!
i don't know what they tested, but I'm getting 17mpg around town with a aux fuel tank/toolbox and the hitch,,,towing 15,000 I'm getting 12mpg on highway at 60 mph...

roaddog28

Back in April my wife and I set out on a two week vacation to Iowa from California. My wife grew up in Treyner and the family planned a get together. Our trip totaled 3600 miles.
For years our tow vehicle was a 07 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4X4 5.9 HO turbo diesel. I loved the mileage at 10mpg but I was not comfortable with the handling. To make this story shorter my wife and I sold the 07 Dodge for cash and found a one owner 2003 Dodge 3500 dually with the standard 5.9 TD. Axle is a 4.10. The pulling power is not much different but the mileage and stability is. We are averaging close to 12mpg at 55 to 60 pulling our 2009 Cyclone 3210 loaded at 12,500. The difference in stability in wind and brakes on the dually is much better. Now I am a fan of dually tow vehicles especially pulling the bigger trailers.
Sincerely,
Howard and Sherry