Ram Diesel Filter source

Bones

A question to all. Where do you purchase your filters from? I am due to replace my fuel filters. Both of them. I have heard it is not advisable for the cummins to purchase aftermarket filters as well as ford. Where should I get my filters? I found this place so far. Diesel filters online. what are your thoughts?

SNOKING

How much is the shipping? Do you have Amazon Prime?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MGSC2IW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheapest shipping to Washington State is $9.95 from them.

USPS-Priority Mail --$16.65
UPS SurePost(US Mail delivers) -- $9.95
UPS - Ground -- $18.28
UPS - 3 Day Select ® -- $34.74
UPS - Second Day Air ® -- $43.10
UPS - Next Day Air ® -- $88.20
USPS-Priority Mail -- $16.65
UPS - Ground -- $18.28

I can get them via Amazon Prime in two days for $102.89.

GWRam

A question to all. Where do you purchase your filters from? I am due to replace my fuel filters. Both of them. I have heard it is not advisable for the cummins to purchase aftermarket filters as well as ford. Where should I get my filters? I found this place so far. Diesel filters online. what are your thoughts?

My local dealer wanted 100$ each filter. ordered from same Amazon vendor as SNOKING, national flt parts inc. $108.25 delivered to door in two days. Dealer wanted $100 to install both. Installed myself in 30 minutes, will only take 20 next time.

Youtube videos show the tips to do it quick and easy and not make a smelly mess.

Bones

How much is the shipping? Do you have Amazon Prime?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MGSC2IW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheapest shipping to Washington State is $9.95 from them.

USPS-Priority Mail --$16.65
UPS - Ground -- $18.28
USPS-Priority Mail -- $16.65
UPS - Ground -- $18.28

I can get them via Amazon Prime in two days for $102.89.
Yes I do have Amazon. My dealership wants 160 for both filters.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guy's. Greatly appreciated. I ordered them and then ordered that green diesel cap. Go figure. I was sucked into ordering an extra part. Ha.

IronJ

I order mine from amazon..

And let me tell ya, I just so happened to find 3 packs on amazon warehouse deals that had (packaging damage)..and on top of that it was amazon prime day so I got an additional 15% off..I got 3 filter sets for 89$!!!

Gotta love amazon!!!

My ups/mail man not so much...we literally get a delivery of SOMETHING everyday!! Lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Bones

I order mine from amazon..

And let me tell ya, I just so happened to find 3 packs on amazon warehouse deals that had (packaging damage)..and on top of that it was amazon prime day so I got an additional 15% off..I got 3 filter sets for 89$!!!

Gotta love amazon!!!

My ups/mail man not so much...we literally get a delivery of SOMETHING everyday!! Lol

Good deal

IronJ

It was a steal!!..and literally I got them and the only damage was cosmetic to the boxes..crushed corners ect..saved me a wad o green!!...I'm good on filters for a couple years now!!

Bones

It was a steal!!..and literally I got them and the only damage was cosmetic to the boxes..crushed corners ect..saved me a wad o green!!...I'm good on filters for a couple years now!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for that next time I'm on

IronJ

Any time I'm buying an item I look on warehouse for a deal...I'm cheap like that...lol..everyone makes fun of me, but I don't give a d@mn!!..hahaha

wdk450

I buy the single filter for my '04 5.9 from NAPA. Some online sources say that these are Donaldson filters, a premium brand. BTW, I initially tried to by the Wix (?) filters that Autozone has for this application, and I found that they were not the right dimension to snap into the lid. So I went to NAPA.

Power247

That is a wicked deal!! I was happy to get 2 for $90. I need to look out for that.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Power247

I also recommend https://www.genosgarage.com they have everything to maintain a Cummins and can run some good sales too.

Greg

IronJ

That is a wicked deal!! I was happy to get 2 for $90. I need to look out for that.

Greg
Heck I was happy getting em for 50$...that's still a good deal as compared to auto zone or the stealer!!!

In all honesty it's getting very hard to find things cheaper than amazon...costco is about only place I find better deals..

Power247

Heck I was happy getting em for 50$...that's still a good deal as compared to auto zone or the stealer!!!

In all honesty it's getting very hard to find things cheaper than amazon...costco is about only place I find better deals..

So true! I hardly buy anything before checking Amazon first. Then usually buy from Amazon unless I need it right now.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

IronJ

And even then with prime I can bump it to next day for a few bucks more!!..

porthole

Retired

I have been getting all my filters through that site since 2006.
I either wait until I need enough 'stuff' to reach the $250 free shipping limit or I share the order with a partner at work. They are in New Jersey so I still get stuck paying tax.

Typically I put in an order every two years.
4-5 oil filters, 2 fuel filter kits, 2 air filter kits and my additives.

Bones

this is all great info. I used a mobil 1 filter for the oil but I know there is a crankcase filter on this thing. The mobil 1 filter was a 15 k filter I think.

SNOKING

this is all great info. I used a mobil 1 filter for the oil but I know there is a crankcase filter on this thing. The mobil 1 filter was a 15 k filter I think.

I would never use an oil filter other than a Fleetguard Stratapore or Mopar one, which is the FG unit painted grey. Chris