Ram Diesel Filter source

Bones

Expected life span of the engine - Since the first Mitsubishi diesel went into a Dodge pickup, there has been an issue of million mile engines in 100K trucks.
Judging by the amount of rust under my truck, I would expect the engine to way outlast the body as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Very true. I would not doubt that for a second. The truck will fall apart around the engine

- - - Updated - - -

No.
The MOPAR branded filter is a good filter which used to made in Germany. Now I think they are made in mexico. Don't know what that may or may have not done to the quality.

Oh no. Now I have to see if I can find a cut open of the Mopar filter

porthole

Retired
I will say this although the filters were not terrible to get to or work on I wish the engineers and designers would put more thought into the making stuff like this a little bit better and simpler to get to

$$$

if it was up to me I would have my filter frame mounted horizontally. That way it would be easy to get to and easy to spin off and have the oil drain into a pan.

SNOKING

I did that for the rear filter. But when I unscrewed the filter it dumped fuel everywhere. The DW is still mad at me because she says my old shirt is stinking up everything. I found the hose in the front so I bought a tube fitting and a little bit longer tube to attach next time for the front. The current tube ended just above the cross bracket and let fuel go all over. Ahh you live and learn. I'll make changes the next time I change them.

Thanks all for your suggestions. they helped out a lot.

I will say this although the filters were not terrible to get to or work on I wish the engineers and designers would put more thought into the making stuff like this a little bit better and simpler to get to

Here is the WIF sensor wench.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBMLYSG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also get a 1/2" drive 28MM 6 point socket for the cap on the front filter. You will need a universal style drive adapter also, as you can not get right on top of filter.

Chris

wdk450

Walmart has the Mopar MO-285 filter stocked at most stores for $13. Ram forums say that this is the same as the 1-05083285AA filter you buy at the dealer.

Jim.Allison

- - - Updated - - -

No.
The MOPAR branded filter is a good filter which used to made in Germany. Now I think they are made in mexico. Don't know what that may or may have not done to the quality.

Interesting that I just bought a MOPAR filter for my 2013 RAM 6.7 from my dealer, and there was a Fleetguard Stratapore filter in the MOPAR box. It was neatly packaged and sealed in plastic EXACTLY like the Stratapore filters that come in the Fleetguard boxes, it was labeled Fleetguard and had the proper fleetguard part number on the filter can. It is not the first Fleetguard I found in a MOPAR box. Then there is the Fleetguard fuel filter for the 6.7 that is identical to the MOPAR fuel filter.