Ramp--Changing flat tire ??

porthole

Retired
Not only do the wheels need to be aligned relative to each other (toe), but caster and camber related to the axle.
Also, to do a complete alignment the trailer will be aligned with lasers, aligning the rear axles to the front of the trailer (kingpin).

pegmikef

Just got an axle saddle from my local custom trailer dealer. He had 3 different styles, so I took what appeared to be the heaviest duty for 6 bucks. Fits perfectly between the u-bolts. I took a copy of the picture (elsewhere in this thread) showing the saddle on the jack and he thought that was a great idea. I was surprised he hadn't seen that before because these folks deal in all kinds of cargo, utility, and livestock trailers.

Manzan

I have a NT 21 FBS and just had the tires balanced. I put my bottle jack under the shackle between the tires to jack up one side at a time. It is a wide track model. Did not really like the bottle jack top against the shackle. I don't think it could slip but I don't know what would happen along side a highway with trucks passing. Asked my son in law, who is a welder, to make a saddle with a ring on the bottom to put under the shackle and jack her up. This should be a lot more stable, not that I want to try it out.