Really bad odor coming from all faucets.. HELP!!!

Is there some sort of filter for the water system that I don't know about? The smell coming from kitchen / bathroom sinks, toilets, shower etc smells terrible for about 5 seconds every time I turn one on.

MTPockets

Does the water before going into the hose have the odor? If so, charcoal filters will help. If the odor is just inside, you should turn off the water heater, drain and sanitize with bleach, then refill and turn on heater.

No odor at all outside, it's good city water at 3 parks in a row now... And I have a precision temp tankless water heater, nothing to drain... It was actually smelling worse with cold water but now it's hot and cold

rxbristol

Is the smell sulfur (rotten egg), sewage, musty/moldy, or chemical/fuel smell? Double check to make sure the smell is in the water by filing glass with the water then step away from the sink and swirl the water. If it smells you have a contaminated water system. If not, the smell in coming from your drains.

Bohemian

Completely flush the entire water systen. Drain and flush the fresh water tank a couple times. Make sure to flush the puppy and the bypasses. Open and flush the water heater through the drain also.

hoefler

Sounds like you need to sanitize the water system. Drain the water off like you were to winterize, fill the fresh water tank with bleach and water, pump the solution through out the entire rig until you smell chlorine in all faucets and outlets, then top off the tank to have the solution in contact with the entire tank. Let set for at least 6 hours, 24 hours is best, drain and flush.

RoadJunkie

Before I began our summer trip I replaced the bathroom faucet and drain. In doing so, I removed the trap and was just about knockd over by the odoriferous aroma coming from the trap. When you run water into the sink it stirs up the water in the trap and can release the offensive smell. It is easy to remove the trap and determine whether or not the standing water/bacteria is the culprit.

mlpeloquin

Purify the water system and put a solution of bleach and water into the drains. Let this sit over night and then flush the fresh water system and flush out the drains. After you purify the water system, add a product like Happy Camper to the drains and let it sit in the drains as well. You want to have the bleach solution in your hot water tank so do not bypass it. I drain the hot water tank prior to adding the bleach solution and then drain it before flushing the system out with fresh water. Remember to empty the bleach water in your fresh water tank before flushing out the water lines.