rear camera

SteamboatSailor

IMG_0086.jpg[QUOQUOTE=pjones1969;541699]Here you go

784cdcbb56ea337d0f9201a445494ddb.jpg

dd37b7851ef8a06e5ef8c82edbdb24f7.jpg

Thanks. I've been trying to figure out where that empty 10A fuse location is in my RW427. I purchased the Furrion Camera about 4 months ago and installed it, but no power to the camera. Before tying into the clearance lights, I wanted to first try locating the fuse location to see if I would first get power to the camera. Appreciate your efforts here PJones.[/QUOTE]

Same thing on the 2018 RW427. Ez install for the camera, but no power until you install the fuse. The install on the 2018 is still hot all the time, so I'll be installing a switch somewhere.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our rear camera is hard wired to our truck. While we are traveling, we can turn it on thru the navigator system of the truck. Sorry but I do not know the brand of the camera but our dealer, RVs For Less, works with a local auto audio company to do the install. This company also installed a camera in the third brake light which we use when hooking up.

Here is what it looks like thru the nav system on our Ram truck. This was as we were coming down I-40 thru Knoxville this afternoon.
rear cam view.jpg

Thunderbolt

The fuse holder is square, mine was red, the top was closed, open it and see if its empty, good pics of it in post #21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found it. Thinking about installing a switch to turn it off when not in use. I found a switch mounted next to the Level-Up controller what turns on the compartment light. Since the compartment light has a switch of its own, I am thinking of wiring this switch to control the observation/backup camera. It would make it easy to use as this is the last compartment to be closed when we leave and the first to be opened when we arrive at the campsite. The picture you uploaded was perfect as I found the fuse holder exactly where you picture showed it to be. Added a fuse and it works.

pjones1969

Found it. Thinking about installing a switch to turn it off when not in use. I found a switch mounted next to the Level-Up controller what turns on the compartment light. Since the compartment light has a switch of its own, I am thinking of wiring this switch to control the observation/backup camera. It would make it easy to use as this is the last compartment to be closed when we leave and the first to be opened when we arrive at the campsite. The picture you uploaded was perfect as I found the fuse holder exactly where you picture showed it to be. Added a fuse and it works.

Great!!

My camera powers off with the battery cutoff switch, that works great for towing and storage but not so much when you are camping.

I haven't traced anything yet, I'd like to re-wire and have it on a switch, by the level up controller is a great place for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk