Rear leveling Jacks

jhardin

Has anyone replaced or thought about replacing their electric scissor jacks with electric jacks like what is on a electric leveling system? Just seems it may be more sturdier than the scissor jacks.

olcoon

At the Goshen rally in June, one of the Lippert's rally specials was the 3.0 Ground Control System. We had it installed on our 30' Elk Ridge and LOVE it! It's just like the Level Up, except it's electric, not hydraulic. The price was around $2,700, we still have the rear stabilizer jacks, and use them to help stabilize the coach. I don't know if they would just sell 2 of the jacks or not. Also with the length of your rig, I don't think they recommend the 3.0, and push for the 6 point Level UP. Here is a link to the Ground Control System: http://store.lci1.com/ground-control-3-0-5th-wheel-aftermarket-kit

You might contact Lippert and get their input.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Where would you have vertical room in the rear of your coach to install them?? Don't think you do.

danemayer

Has anyone replaced or thought about replacing their electric scissor jacks with electric jacks like what is on a electric leveling system? Just seems it may be more sturdier than the scissor jacks.

Not sure you'd get better stability. The scissor jacks are held in place side-to-side by the worm gear and an angled X structure. I think jacks might allow more side to side motion.

Bones

Not sure you'd get better stability. The scissor jacks are held in place side-to-side by the worm gear and an angled X structure. I think jacks might allow more side to side motion.
ha. I should invite you to my camper when the kids are running all around. Those rear stabilizers have a ton of play in them. They work ok.

asplus

Leveling jacks (electric) on back of our 2011 Elkridge 29RL was working fine last year. Purchased used from Camping World in Portland Oregon. Took into Camping world this winter finding a number of problems. Jacks worked great prior to taking in Arriving south (snowbirds) they did not work. Crank down works fine. Called Heartland and was told there is an inline fuse. Could not find ..so removed switch and found power ...but seems to be no fuse from switch to battery. Bypass switch with 12 volt and the motor does not seem to work..when 12volt applied directly Anyone out there have this same problem?

danemayer

Leveling jacks (electric) on back of our 2011 Elkridge 29RL was working fine last year. Purchased used from Camping World in Portland Oregon. Took into Camping world this winter finding a number of problems. Jacks worked great prior to taking in Arriving south (snowbirds) they did not work. Crank down works fine. Called Heartland and was told there is an inline fuse. Could not find ..so removed switch and found power ...but seems to be no fuse from switch to battery. Bypass switch with 12 volt and the motor does not seem to work..when 12volt applied directly Anyone out there have this same problem?

Hi asplus,

The fuse may actually be a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker on a row of breakers near your battery.

Some of us have fixed our electric stabilizer motors by replacing the motor brush springs (which can rust out) with 1/2 of a ball point pen spring.

asplus

Thanks..Did check in front by battery. There is only one fuse. a 30 amp that when pulled shut off the front jacks... All 12 volt circuits seem to be in the fuse box inside under the refer...I check all of them and found none were blown and none were identified as rear lever....Will probably wait and take back into Camping World when I get home next year....We stay in Leaf Verde in Buckeye Az for most of the winter...so no real problem while we are here.. Will ask around campground regarding the spring on motor...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just want to add a little to this conversation.
You keep referring to the rear jacks as levelers. If you are trying to level your rig with them you may have burned out the motor.
They are stabilizers meant for stabilizing, not leveling.

Peace
Dave