Rear Receiver for Big Horn

chip33

Rear Receiver Hitch for Bighorn 3370? Anyone tried these? I have heard some comments that the factory product is not strong enough to be of value. I would like to carry a 135 lb. generator or perhaps bikes back there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is all new to me so I'm kind of in the dark. Thanks in advance. Chip

Last edited:

pegmikef

The optional one that comes with the BH is only good for 150 pounds and I am not sure I would trust it for that. I use mine as a flag pole holder.

MTPockets

We had/have one but took it off. It's just not good for carrying bicycles. The rear of the fifth wheel will bounce a lot more due to the distance from the axles which is really tough on any racks you put into that 1 1/4" receiver.. I even had mine re-welded with angle iron supports and changed to a 2" receiver... That didn't really do much so in the end removed it and we don't carry bikes anymore.

Rear Receiver Hitch for Bighorn 3370? Anyone tried these? I have heard some comments that the factory product is not strong enough to be of value. I would like to carry a 135 lb. generator or perhaps bikes back there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is all new to me so I'm kind of in the dark. Thanks in advance. Chip

Mine is very sloppy. It shifts right and left, up and down. It did a fair amount of damage to my bike last trip. I have tried to tighten up everything, but will know this weekend when we go camping. Not happy with the bike carrier.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Mine is very sloppy. It shifts right and left, up and down. It did a fair amount of damage to my bike last trip. I have tried to tighten up everything, but will know this weekend when we go camping. Not happy with the bike carrier.

You need to try one of these from Amazon...stowaway hitch tightener
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Nd1o34d5L._SY355_.jpg

I actually crisscross a ratchet strap but friends of our use the above bracket on their bike rack.

We have carried 2 bikes with no issues for thousands of miles using a universal 2" receiver hitch welded to the frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

This works well to stabilize the receiver bar from rocking side to side. I used this on my hitch for a few years, until I change the hitch to accept 2 receiver bars.

61eDLNjzBnL._SL1000_.jpg

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!
carry ure gen up front ,,,ladder bike rack....

carl.swoyer

Check with the factory ,the further out from the frame the more stress on the chassis. Possibly causing damage to your chassis frame. warranty may be voided.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CaptnJohn

Check Keystone 5ers. They have an extension that can be pulled out releasing 2 pins. A bike rack lifts out of the tray that is great for coolers. Stated 200 # capacity. Remember ~~ it sticks out about 2' from UNDER the rear bumper and can drag on a steep driveway and etc. It is great to keep a cooler though.