Recliner Removal - BH3010RE

GregP

We are thinking about replacing the two faux leather recliners in our BH3010RE and I was wondering about the removal of the existing chairs. Does anyone know if the backs are designed for removal? I would like to save the chairs for other uses, but find them a bit too heavy for moving about when we need to secure them for travel and don't want to destroy them if not necessary. Our trailer is still in storage, so not readily available until we bring it home later in the month. Thanks for any suggestions.

Greg

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Yes I believe the backs are removable. Look on the back side and the lower part of the back has what looks like a skirt that is attached be Velcro. Pull to detach and will see that the bracket holding the back. Should come apart their.

MTPockets

Our backs did not come off, but was not a problem getting them out. I just slid them on their side across the floor and the arms and bottom went out the door first then a little turn and the back slid out.. It took two of us, but worked just fine. The new Lazyboy backs were removable, which makes it more convenient.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Like Terry said, you just have to turn them sideways, put the bottom out first and then walk them around and they come right out.

Rod

mlpeloquin

The back of the chairs in our Big Horn do not come off. The ones in our friends Big Country do. He only wanted one chair so he sold me the second new chair. Could not pass it up for fifty dollars. Using it in the sticks and bricks.

GregP

Thanks for the advice everyone. We have our eye on a couple of swivel recliners to replace the ones in the BH. The new ones would be much lighter to handle. I find as I get older, things seem to get heavier and I need to ask for help more often. If I can get the two chairs out of the BH, I will probably give them to family as they are pretty comfortable.

pegmikef

We, too, removed the recliners from our 3010RE and replaced them two nicer leather ones, but a little smaller from Haverty's. The backs were assembled to the platform in the trailer. I also removed the plastic cleats from the platform ring so they are easy to slide across the carpet. The other pair I sold for three hundred dollars on Craigs list the first day I listed them.