Recommendations for a good dealer in South Central Texas

Zosimus

Good afternoon, I am in the market for a Bighorn RV and it seems that Explorer USA is the only dealership in my area San Antonio/New Braunfels Texas that carry the Heartland line.

I have searched the Board and found a couple of threads referring to the Explorer USA dealership mostly good but some mixed reviews but also the thread is old 2007/2008 if I read it correctly.

So what I am looking for is some experience feedback with any of the dealerships San Antonio area up to Austin and to Seguin.

Good and bad please, this is a big decision and the after sale service is as critical as the sale experience.

Service managers and service techs move or new service managers get hired to improve the service. I had done a bit of search on the internet for maybe a dealership review but have not found anything, reached out to Heartland manufacturer and the nice gentleman that I spoke with did not have this kind of information but did recommend this forum as well as other Facebook groups recommended this forum for feedback

Thank you

cgaskins

Hi. I recently purchased a Big Country 3750 from Explore USA in Kyle, Texas. The general manager Gabe Calderon and the salesman Jim Hawthorn were great. I special kudos to Jim. He did an outstanding job and worked hard to get me what I wanted. If you go see Jim, make sure you tell him I sent you - (Chris Gaskins).

As far as service at Explore USA, I can't answer that question. I have a personal friend (Ken Coale) who has his own mobile RV Repair Service called "Quick2Fix RV Repair". Ken's company can process Heartland Warranty work as he is Heartland certified and used to work for Explore USA. Ken is an outstanding RV Tech (master certified RVIA) and I only trust him to do work on my RV. He is in the San Antonio / Seguin area but will travel to just about anywhere in Texas. You can also bring your RV's to his location as well for drop off.

http://www.quick2fixrv.com/

-Chris

Zosimus

Thank you for the recommendation and reference, greatly appreciated and if I go to Kyle I will drop your name! :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I bought our first Landmark from Explore RV in Geogetown. The sales experience was great but the service was terrible. They closed that location down. But I must say after complaining about the service I received an email from the owner of Explore RV and he made it right. I was impressed with that. Expore RV also has a location near Canton Tx and a couple around Dallas/Fort Worth area. RV Station is a Heartland dealer and they have a location in Berne just west of San Antonio as well as on in College Station and a couple in the Houston Area. There are also several Heartland dealers in the Buda/New Braunfels area. Shop for you best deal and service.

AAdams

As far as service at Explore USA, I can't answer that question. I have a personal friend (Ken Coale) who has his own mobile RV Repair Service called "Quick2Fix RV Repair". Ken's company can process Heartland Warranty work as he is Heartland certified and used to work for Explore USA. Ken is an outstanding RV Tech (master certified RVIA) and I only trust him to do work on my RV. He is in the San Antonio / Seguin area but will travel to just about anywhere in Texas. You can also bring your RV's to his location as well for drop off.

http://www.quick2fixrv.com/

-Chris

I have used Ken for warranty work. I will have to say that he does have a great service. He responded when he said he would, did the work requested very well. I will use him again if I ever need to.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I made an outstanding deal for my Landmark from the Ron Hoover store in Houston but they have a store in Boerne. The store address is 29277 I-10 west in Boerne and the phone number is 830 981-9543. Good luck with your choice.

ucwinters

Bought our North Trail from Explore USA in Seguin a few years ago - had issues w/ the general manager (same guy still listed on their website as being the GM) changing lenders so "they could get their money quicker" despite it giving me a higher APR and the unit not being ready for PDI when it was supposed to be (was still sitting on the back lot). Went to east Texas to Genuine RV to get my Elkridge - great to deal with but they no longer carry Heartland products. Tried trading my Elkridge for a Sundance w/ Explore USA in Boerne but got nothing but double-talk from the salesman. Ended up driving to Tulsa, OK to Bob Hurley RV and making the trade for $7,000 less than Explore USA in Boerne wanted.
Have taken the Sundance to Boerne for warranty repairs and their service dept has been helpful.

Chippendale

Purchased a new Gateway from ExploreUSA in Kyle a couple of months ago. No problems, everything went smooth. I had a sewer drain problem on my first weekend back and took it in and told them that I would need it the next weekend and they had it ready for me. It is down there right now getting the rest of the little nitpick things fixed, and I had a email from the service writer that a couple of parts had not come in yet, but that as soon as they got them, they would get on it. I have no complaints........at least not yet.

dbbls59

Not exactly central Texas but Camper Clinic in Rockport sells Bighorn. They also give a lifetime warranty on items they sell.