Reese 30154 Picture Frame for new '14 Ram

emm4273610re

Anyone else having issues getting this picture frame from Reese?:confused: All suppliers up here in New England say they are waiting for Reese to ship it to them, Back ordered. :mad: New truck due into dealer in two weeks. I'll be very embarrassed if I need to barrow a truck to move our Bighorn out of storage mid April. :(

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Not sure about Reese but we wanted the B&W Companion hitch for our new 2014 Ram truck and found out after calling the company that B&W has stopped all production on any hitch for the Rams. The reason is because Dodge keeps changing the location/design of the pucks with the support system underneath. B&W is really frustrated because they are trying to keep up with the new trucks but the manufacturer constantly changing the pucks systems in the bed, the hitch company can't make the right base for the hitch.

alex00

That's crazy. It only took them two years to figure out Ford had a much better system. I love my Ram but it would be better if it had puck spacing like the Ford. Hopefully this is a temporary back order. Etrailer had my picture frame back ordered for a month or so. Plug 30154 into the Google machine and see what pops up. There may be a vendor with one in Stock. I love B&W but their price is a tough pill to swallow. I was all in for about,$600 less than the B&W setup. That and I sold my old companion a few weeks before they announced their Ram hitch.

I'm torn about Ram redesigning the pucks. I think it will serve the new trucks and owners better if they can get it right but now I'm stuck with an obsolete and inferior design.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
RVs for Less has had my 2014 Ram truck for a couple of days working on making a new B&W Companion hitch work. It took them a full day, working with the hitch manufacturer and ended up putting the hitch onto the center puck instead of the 4 corner pucks. They did have to change out the framing underneath the bed but it looks really good. They ended up with the turnball companion system (at least that's what I think B&W calls it). Now all I need is the new Key Largo to come in.

Vinny773

I am also having the same issues with a new hitch for my 2014 Ram and was told by my dealer Reese is on back order and they have no idea when the item will be shipped. The dealer said a Pullrite Hitch would work. So I ordered a Pullrite, model 2100, 20,000 lb. i understand Pullrite makes an excellent product and they are made in America. Time will tell. I have a B&W turnover if anyone needs one.

emm4273610re

Thanks everyone. My Ram dealer has the picture frame in stock. It's worth paying the little extra to have the truck ready sooner then later. I assume Reese is supplying dealers prior to the aftermarket, my guess anyway.

gpshemi

I have an older 18k Superglide. It appears that it won't work with the Reese Picture Frame Adaptor and I have to go with the Pullrite Picture Frame Adaptor. Anyone know if that true?

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't just get a new factory RAM hitch (Chrysler employee discount) or buy the B&W Companion. Just worried about clearance with my megacab is all...