Refridge cooling unit

Gas20

Just got news that the cooling unit is bad in my fridge. Don't know exactly what that is or does. The price I was quoted was almost as much as a new refridgerator, and was wondering which way would be to go with it. The cooling unit has a 1 year warranty and the new fridge has a 2 year warranty, anyone got any suggestions. The fridge is the 7 cubic foot Dometic

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
You can look at the difference as being the cost of a yrs extra warranty PLUS a new set of seals and no worries as to the workmanship on the changeout. You also get the opportunity to make any changes to the fridge you might want (triple power, inside light etc).
If the difference is $100 I'd go with a new unit. If it's $300 I think I would stay with the one I have.

Gas20

Thanks Neale the unit is in a 2011 Elkridge, and is model 2852. I think that is rather new to be replacing the cooling unit or the fridge. There is about $160.00 between the two which includes installation and shipping. I will probaly go with the new fridge and have the 2 year warranty. Thanks

wdk450

I hope you can get warranty to pay for it, but if you don't you might consider talking to RV Cooling Unit Warehouse about Amish Refrigeration Company for a replacement cooling unit.
Here's a link: http://www.rvcoolingunit.net/servlet/StoreFront Read the specific page on your model cooling unit and see how they make it better than new ones.

danemayer

Some refrigerators have 2 year warranty, others 3 year. Clock starts with the trailer purchase. If you're only slightly out of warranty, it's worth a call to Dometic. They might help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gas20

How hard is the cooling unit to change out? Where is it located exactly ? I'm handy with certain stuff mostly automotive but don't know doodly squat about electric and refridgeration.

Gas20

I just requested the "How To instuctions on the install for the cooling unit, I'll see how it goes. Thanks Bill for the web site it would save me a ton of money.