Refrigerator Cooling - How's yours doing?

jbeletti

Killing some time today, I downloaded the Operating and Parts manuals for my refer. If you have the 10 cubic foot Dometic model (NDR1062) - they're attached.

Also, here's an excerpt from the Oeprating manual about that Low Ambient switch. I guess I'll always keep mine off as we have no plans to camp in weather that is consistently below 50 degrees.

//heartlandowners.org/images/DometicUSA_Refer_Low_Ambient_Switch_Operation.bmp

Jim

Attachments

• DometicUSA_Refer_NDR1062_Operating_Manual.pdf
    379.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DometicUSA_Refer_NDR1062_Parts_Manual.pdf
    204.9 KB · Views: 11

dieselengineer

Charter Member
climate control switch

Here is a tip I learned a long time ago (have a lot of experence with this type of frig). The climate control switch located next to this LA switch will drain the battery if placed in the on postion and you are not connected to shore power. So if you are out dry camping make sure the switch is in the off postion or you will be in the dark fast. Also, without 12volts the frig will not work! So the beer will be warm also. :(

mike

Mike
Just some thoughts to see if anyone has had this problem, I have a 3655RD with a NRD1292 side-by-side frig w/ice maker. A couple of weeks ago we noticed that the the frig was not cooling very well, dealer came out after a couple of days and on that day it was down to 40 degrees. I then went out and bought a thermometer to keep checks on it after a couple of days it was back up to 56 degrees call dealer again and he found a wire going to the fans that may have melted repaired, a couple of days later back up to almost 60 degrees and this has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Dometics fix for this problem is to wire in two switches for the two cooling fans and bypass the sensor of the cooling fins at the rear top of the frig. so I can turn them off and on as needed or hot wire them. My response has been that the fans were not meant to run 24/7 and that the sensor is there for a reason to controll the fans and when they are running 24/7 they are a bit noisey and I should not have to rig some kind of switch to turn them off and on. Today they are hot wired and waiting for several parts from Dometic.

Mike