Refrigerator door issues

RMeredith

We purchased a 2017 3575EL Bighorn 2 months ago. After being on the road for 2 months we've noticed the Norcold refrigerator doors don't exactly align with each other allowing the left door to open during travel due to the latch not engaging. We've also noticed the freezer compartment has considerable ice build up and the unit runs continuously.

We do have an appointment with the service department where we purchased the unit in June but I would appreciate any ideas and or suggestions others might have regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance.

R Meredith

SPARKY65

We purchased a 2017 3575EL Bighorn 2 months ago. After being on the road for 2 months we've noticed the Norcold refrigerator doors don't exactly align with each other allowing the left door to open during travel due to the latch not engaging. We've also noticed the freezer compartment has considerable ice build up and the unit runs continuously.

We do have an appointment with the service department where we purchased the unit in June but I would appreciate any ideas and or suggestions others might have regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance.

R Meredith
We have a Big Country with that issue and more..... Is your fridge a lp/elec fridge? that may matter. Also here are a couple of pictures that is causing us problems maybe you also if the pic looks the same on our fridge. We had to leave the fifth wheel there it came home Monday saw the problem Tuesday and went back to the dealer Wednesday. Now I am camperless right in the beginning of the season!. A brand new Big Country 3150RL 2017. So Sad....

Attachments

• fridge pic 7a.jpg
    fridge pic 7a.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 56
  • STRIKE PLATE IN DOOR UNEVEN.jpg
    STRIKE PLATE IN DOOR UNEVEN.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 61

RonTimmer

RMeredith,

I have a 2017 Big Country with a similar, all though not as bad, problem. My left side refrigerator door settled, for lack of a better word, and is now about 1/4th inch lower than the right door and dragging on the bottom of the fridge. After sending several pictures and explanations to Heartland they finally referred me to Norcold who said I could put a spacer on the bottom hinge of the door if I wanted to, not the answer I expected. I hope you have better luck getting yours fixed.

Take care,
Ron

carl.swoyer

Norcold has shim's for the door gasket. Try using washer's to lift the door

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RMeredith

We have a Big Country with that issue and more..... Is your fridge a lp/elec fridge? that may matter. Also here are a couple of pictures that is causing us problems maybe you also if the pic looks the same on our fridge. We had to leave the fifth wheel there it came home Monday saw the problem Tuesday and went back to the dealer Wednesday. Now I am camperless right in the beginning of the season!. A brand new Big Country 3150RL 2017. So Sad....

Our Norcold is LP / Elec. As to why it may matter I'm clueless at this point. We may also be leaving our RV at the dealer for repairs as there are other issues to address. Thankfully we have an alternative for lodging if needed. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

I would hope Norcold has a better answer then installing a washer for alignment. Yet it doesn't appear that they do at this point. Sounds like a manufacturing flaw! I'm not sure how I'll address that repair suggestion if that's all they have. I'll update in June when we arrive at Big Country RV, Redmond, OR.