Refrigerator Problem

canakiwi

The Norcold N412.3Ul refrigerator in my 181will not work on mains 120v power. Fuse in the trailer is fine. How do I access the fuse in the refrigerator, as I assume that is the first place to check. It works fine on DC and Gas.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Have you taken the access panel off on the outside and checked to make sure it is plugged in?

danemayer

Fuse in the trailer is fine.

Perhaps you mean circuit breaker. The fuses are used with 12V DC devices. The residential-type circuit breakers are used with 110V AC devices.

As Jim said, make sure the refrigerator is actually plugged into an outlet. Also check the circuit breakers. Also check and if necessary reset the GFCI outlet, probably located in the bathroom.

canakiwi

Yes have taken the back panel off. It is plugged in and there is 120v at the plug. From there it seems to go to a circuit board behind a black plastic box. The manual identifies an 8A fuse (F2) on the circuit diagram, but no indication that I can understand as to where it is physically located??

danemayer

I have a Dometic, but fuses are mostly on the circuit board on mine, with one in-line fuse tucked away in a wire bundle. Maybe it's similar on your Norcold.