Register for Warranty work

I am trying to find out where do I go to get this vehicle registered so that I can get warranty work done. I have only had it for 4 days and the A/C has gone out. Do I have to register with Dometic and each individual company or what. Thank you for your help. Joe Marks

danemayer

Hi txsguyjoseph,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You really don't have to do anything more than contact your selling dealer to get the repairs started.

The selling dealer files paperwork with Heartland that the trailer has been sold, which registers it with Heartland. Dometic and other appliance and subsystem vendors usually key off the date of sale and the dealer will handle all that for you.

If for some reason you choose to deal directly with Dometic or other suppliers who warrant their devices, you may be asked to look for serial numbers and you might have to provide proof of purchase. But again, usually your dealer handles those details.

You can send in their registration cards if you wish. But not sending them in should not get in the way of having warranty service done.

It will not turn on. We got the front unit to work so just using that for now. Waiting for Heartland to give the okay to get it fixed.

The dealer did not register anything. The repair people said it has to be registered before they can do anything. Got on top to get model and serial numbers off the a/c's but the computer program would not accept them. Then called dometic where they had to "Tweek" it to get it to take numbers. Now we are just waiting on Heartland to get it repaired. Thank you for your info.

Lynn1130

I have never heard of this and this is my third trailer. I simply contact the dealer, who then set a date to bring the unit in. Once in they contacted the manufacturer of the problem unit (heater, water heater. refrig.etc let them know what they found and got authorization to repair along with ordering the necessary parts. Once the parts come in, or if they have them in stock they make the repairs.

We did fill out paperwork at the dealer that the dealer gave us to sign at the time of the sale. That paperwork was sent to Heartland to notify them of the sale.

If you do not want to work through the dealer which is what I did due to the distance I had to drive to get the trailer in, find a repair shop, get it authorized by contacted Heartland with the info and take it there. You will be required to pay and Heartland will reimburse you.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Your dealer is to send HL all your paper work when you leave the lot. I'm sure that your paper work did not go "snail mail". Sounds to me your dealer needs to get their act together.....NOW. I would be calling them ASAP. Take your coach there and tell them to fix it...NOW. You don't care if it's on their dime.

brianlajoie

We had the same problem with the dealer forgetting to send in the paper work to HL. Once we got that fixed (dealer very easy to work with on this), we looked for a certified RVDA/RVIA independent RV tech to do the warranty work. We did this as we bought the trailer out of state. You may not need to go that route, but it also shows you have options.

TxCowboy

Txguy, first off, I'm another retired Army CWO Blackhawk driver who, like you, did many years active duty then went into Government contracting. In your case, looks like you did many years at Fortress Hood. Did six years there myself in the 80s. Good times! :)

Also, as mentioned above, you can contact HL directly for a work authorization or you can contact Dometic directly after getting the authorization number from HL. If moving the RV to the dealership is inconvenient, for whatever reason, you can also hire a mobile tech. We've had very good success working with HL and using a mobile tech. We did have to pay the mobile tech's service fee (about $100) but it was still cheaper and much more convenient that moving the fifth wheel back to the dealership then having to retrieve it after the work was done.

Enjoy your retirement!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can actually check with Heartland directly to see what the status is of your claim. Call 877-262-8032 and have your VIN handy. They can tell you if the dealership has contacted them, and what any holdup is.

donr827

When we ordered our trailer it arrived at the dealer with one of the a/c DOA. The dealer called Dometic directly. They had him do some test on the a/c. After running the test and with the results Dometic shipped a new unit directly to the dealer.
Don

Jeff,

What is the process to find a mobile tech in your area if that's the way you choose to go? It sounds like the best way to work out issues I may have in the future.

Last edited:

danemayer

Jeff,

What is the process to find a mobile tech in your area if that's the way you choose to go? It sounds like the best way to work out issues I may have in the future.

Check with RV Resorts or RV Parks in the area. They'll usually know.

kowAlski631

Jeff,

We had the best results by asking the camp hosts for recommendations. We told them that we would be posting a review (which we did) about the quality of the work done.

Thank you for the reply. We did have to register our air conditioner with Dometic but they did it over the phone for us. Now repaired. There were rusty parts in the air conditioner so we must have got one from China that they have talked about. Now it is getting all the water leaks fixed. So far had to fix kitchen sink, bathroom sink and now the toilet is leaking. Always something. Joe

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff, Thanks for your reply. That is what we did. Called Dometic and they registered it over the phone and then got a mobile service guy to come out and fix it. New A/C but had rusted parts in it. Now fixed. We are now working on all the water leaks. Guess they do not believe in tightening down water lines up there. Since we had just bought it no deductible was charged. I use to have a Greystone also. The roof kept coming off of it. Replaced it 3 times at Heartland's expense but once we were in Colorado and the Dealer made me come back to Ft Worth to get it fixed. See ya down the road. Joe.