Removing HEAVY Recliners..HELP

Kandy

I have looked at all the threads on removing the large overstuffed recliners. Ours have the heavy iron circular base and are the faux leather. I turned the chairs upside down and there are no markings, no Velcro on the back, material is actually stapled all the way around. The interior back is of heavy wood and I see no way the back would slide off. Should we take the iron base off and open up the recliner to make it fit through the door. Our door , 2010 Landmark Augusta, measures 28".
Thanks for any advice....I hate these chairs...they are uncomfortable and won't open up all the way without ruining the wood blinds and siting in the kitchen!!;);)

danemayer

Our 2011 LM came with the swivel recliners that have the round metal base. Once open, they fit through the door easily.

DougS

Doug S
On our 2011 Grand Canyon, we just put the chair in the full recline position, turned it sideways, and it went right thru the door. Backs also come off to lighten the load, but more work that way.

Kandy

On our 2011 Grand Canyon, we just put the chair in the full recline position, turned it sideways, and it went right thru the door. Backs also come off to lighten the load, but more work that way.

Thanks so much.....Did you remove the round base?

- - - Updated - - -

Our 2011 LM came with the swivel recliners that have the round metal base. Once open, they fit through the door easily.

Did you have to remove the base. It's so heavy and I'm afraid I'll scratch the floors or cabinets. There are so many screws I think it may not be worth the time and effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you remove the heavy base? May be more trouble than it's worth.
Thanks for the quick replies.

Eric1234

HI

I would look on YouTube for that particular or brand of chair and see how other people take it apart. If that doesn't work I would consider taking it apart with a sawzall.

Have a good day,

Eric

Pizzaguy

HI

I would look on YouTube for that particular or brand of chair and see how other people take it apart. If that doesn't work I would consider taking it apart with a sawzall.

Have a good day,

Eric
We removed our chairs in the last two Bighorns. Flip them over and remove the round base. Your back will thank you for it! It is only 4 bolts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Donhutch1800

We removed our chairs in the last two Bighorns. Flip them over and remove the round base. Your back will thank you for it! It is only 4 bolts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You can take the base off as said.The backs just pop off.You have to pull the lower skirting off that is stapled on.

Bob Vaughn

Our 2011 Big Country had those monsters.....we swapped them out for Euro style....we could not move them back into place for travel....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We still have the heavy cloth recliners. Adding the big plastic disk under the bases made them easier to move...if you do it right. Pushing from the top of the chair doesn’t get it. Much easier to grab at the footrest (not extended) and push or pull the chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk