Removing the couch- floor problem.

Buckeye

My wife would like me to remove the very uncomfortable couch and replace it with a more comfortable recliner. After 50 years of marriage I still try to do as she asks. Only problem, the floor under the couch on the slide is not level with the rest of the living area and it is not carpeted. Anyone have any solutions?? Thanks in advance, Jim

ramdually4100king

We had carpet but we put a runner the length of the slide over the lip to reduce the sharpness of it. You should be able to do the same. For the no carpet I'd get carpet squares and glue them down.

Mburtsvt

Having the same concerns. Replacing theft hand side couch in a Madison. One of the most uncomfortable piece of furniture ever. The couch we decided on is 12 inches WIDER that the slide. Since the slide floor is not flush with the RV floor I will need to build up a strip on the front of the new couch, (about 1-1.5 inches), that will slide when that slide goes in and out.

My solution includes this and a strip of wood:

Self-Stick Bar Furniture Sliders for Carpeted Surfaces (4 piece) - 1/2" x 4" Bar SuperSliders

Copy and add into Amazon description look up