Replace tires??? currently G, what brand??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
C'mon folks! It's all about opinions. Lets let TireHobby have his say. We can all agree to disagree without getting rude. I for one have the opinion that the G614 is an adequate tire otherwise I wouldn't have them on my rig. I also don't think there's any doubt that a 17.5" wheel and tire with a higher rating may be a better option but then there's more money to be spent as well. I'll stick with my G614's.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
No problem with someone voicing an opinion, however, when they state that what they are saying is "fact", then they need to be prepared to show proof backing up their statements....so far haven't seen any.

I do, however, agree that rudeness is uncalled for.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
G614's as most have suggested. Withstood suspension breaking, and frame riding on rear tires, but they did get a little sticky! LOL

lwmcguir

There are a lot of options for tires. To jump in and start picking apart one of the best fits for the HL series without real meat is rude as well. I know many of you have responded to post on the bit of a rude side. Don't bother me any but it doesn't help the folks that don't realize you are talking about a different class of coach when you upgrade to the suspension that is required to match the 17.5 tires and wheels. Most of you want to stay with your 350 series trucks. Cant do that with the weight of the rig when you start moving toward the heavy end. I would like to see post that help folks like most of you create. Post that knock a good product aren't productive at all and raise questions that aren't worth wasting time on. Having said that I am wasting time so I will log off for a couple of weeks.

kakampers

There are a lot of options for tires. To jump in and start picking apart one of the best fits for the HL series without real meat is rude as well. I know many of you have responded to post on the bit of a rude side. Don't bother me any but it doesn't help the folks that don't realize you are talking about a different class of coach when you upgrade to the suspension that is required to match the 17.5 tires and wheels. Most of you want to stay with your 350 series trucks. Cant do that with the weight of the rig when you start moving toward the heavy end. I would like to see post that help folks like most of you create. Post that knock a good product aren't productive at all and raise questions that aren't worth wasting time on. Having said that I am wasting time so I will log off for a couple of weeks.

This is exactly my point...the G614's are capable of carrying 15,000 pounds on a two axle trailer. There is nothing in Heartland's lineup that requires more than this, as even the Landmarks total GVWR is only 16,500. Unless they start producing a unit that requires 8000# axles then there is no need to move to 17.5 tires and rims...it would be a waste of money. I don't see them getting into the 20,000# 5ers any time soon...if ever!

I guess if you want to be able to carry almost the ENTIRE weight of your 5er on your axles it would be an option...but why would you, when in our case alone, almost 3,800 pounds of our total weight is on the hitch, leaving only 12,890 pounds on our 14,000# rated axles, and 15,000# rated tires...

As I stated earlier, where most people really need to be concerned, and they ususally don't even think about it, is the capability of your tires, suspension and axles on your TV.

kakampers

By golly, you know what? I was looking in my references and I do have a Korean upgrade reference there. lol!

http://www.kumhousa.com/Tire_SizeChart.aspx?id=989ab7c4-f783-4565-a414-59fcb457f8ea

FastEagle

OK...clear something up for me Tirehobby, or FastEagle...yeah gave yourself away with that slip up. Now I know who you are from RV.net....

Why are you so pushy on our forum about upgrading to larger tires than the manufacturer uses, when just this past Sunday 6/6/10 you posted the following on a tire thread on RV.net...and I quote...as Fasteagle, of course??

Here's the link if anyone wants to read the thread...http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24043796/srt/pa/pging/1/page/4.cfm

"To maintain tire safety, purchase new tires that are the same size as the vehicle’s original tires or another size recommended by the manufacturer. Look at the Tire and Loading Information label, or the sidewall of the tire you are replacing to find this information. If you have any doubt about the correct size to choose, consult with the tire dealer"

jimtoo

OK,,, I thought I was on RV.NET for a minute... Enough is enough. This thread is closed....

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.