Replacing 12v battery with two 6's.

We have a 2012 Greystone 33ck with the battery box installed and vented out the front compartment. We are wondering what would be the best way to secure and vent our two 6's while keeping with a factory look.:confused::confused:
Installing the two 6's beside the 12v is not aN option as the spare tire sits right below where we would have to sink the boxes down.
We will likely leave the 12v in for back up, as this battery box is too small to hold the taller 6v batteries anyways.
Thanks for any feedback!

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I have 4 6's with a 12v auxillary, for 600AH reserve power.
You just have to find a place with enough room for them.
I put the 6v's in two semi sealed marine battery boxes and vent them into the stk 12v line.
My rig is 5 yrs old and I finally had to replace them.
One pair had 6yrs on 'em and the other 7.
Keeping them charged, and using a disconnect switch, makes for a longer service life.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
A stupid question, but what are the benifets of the 6V batteries over the 12s. I have 1 12V now but have a space for an extra and was thinking about adding another 12V.

branson4020

Icantre Member
A stupid question, but what are the benifets of the 6V batteries over the 12s. I have 1 12V now but have a space for an extra and was thinking about adding another 12V.

6V batteries are not inherently better than 12V batteries. Its just that 6V T105, so called "golf car" batteries, are the best bang for the buck in a true deep cycle battery.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
So the 6Vs are the ones used in the golf carts. Ok, I got it. Since I don't really use the batteries that much, I think I will just stick to the 12Vs. Thanks.

Uncle Rog

If you ever do want to rely on battery power the 6v's have more cycles than 12's.
You can re-charge many more times with 6's.
The wordt thing you can do to abattery is run it or them down below 12v and not run them back up right away.
Fully charge is 12.7v +.............