Replacing domestic awning motor

Curious if anyone has any advice. I hear a single click when I hit awning button. Awning is in up position. Need to know if anyone has rebuilt motor. 2017. I hate to have to buy new motor every 3 yrs. Any suggestions on getting awning down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

First of all, the manufacturer's name is "Dometic". This will be useful in looking things up online. Do You have the model number of the awning?

Researching this online, I saw some discussion of Dometic awning recalls because of motor failures. Motors can be found with a Google search or on E-Bay. I used "Dometic RV awning motor" as a search term.

With the cost of labor, you may not be able to get this motor rebuilt at a cost effective price. I suggest you see if there are any automobile starter/alternator re-builders in your area who might be able to do this job.

I found a BUNCH of promising looking how-to videos on You Tube using the same search terms.

I personally have a MANUAL awning with no motor system to go bad.

RoadJunkie

Perhaps look for a cause of so many motor failures; Perhaps the awning is binding and putting stress on the motor. I had a situation where I had to realign the awning with the roller to relieve the stress.

First of all, the manufacturer's name is "Dometic". This will be useful in looking things up online. Do You have the model number of the awning?

Researching this online, I saw some discussion of Dometic awning recalls because of motor failures. Motors can be found with a Google search or on E-Bay. I used "Dometic RV awning motor" as a search term.

With the cost of labor, you may not be able to get this motor rebuilt at a cost effective price. I suggest you see if there are any automobile starter/alternator re-builders in your area who might be able to do this job.

I found a BUNCH of promising looking how-to videos on You Tube using the same search terms.

I personally have a MANUAL awning with no motor system to go bad.

I have new motor and instructions. Where I’m stumped is where it tells you to let awning tube out approx. two evolutions to install cotter pin. Motor doesn’t work so how do I manually rotate awning tube?

wdk450

I have new motor and instructions. Where I’m stumped is where it tells you to let awning tube out approx. two evolutions to install cotter pin. Motor doesn’t work so how do I manually rotate awning tube?

Have you checked the You Tube Videos?