replacing kitchen sink in a 2008 Bighorn 3400rl

markandrenita

Has anyone replaced their sink in their 2008 3400rl Bighorn. I tried a search but no luck finding any threads.

Ours is terribly stained and while my wife scours it often with a magic eraser it would be so nice to have a stainless steel sink.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
markandrenita, HERE is some info you might be interested in.

Peace
Dave

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I gave up scouring. I just put hot water in the sink, pour some bleach in and let it sit for a few minutes. I also use those sink mats, so it at least covers some of it up between bleachings. I have stainless at home, and it's a tossup as to which one I like the least. :)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I hope you find the sink your looking for. If you have the same one that we do in our 2008 3400RE, it is a softer plastic and white. We drink a lot of coffee and hot & cold tea. So the sink gets stained quite often.

What we use is a sponge with the green scrubber on one side and Scratch Free Comet with Bleach. With a bit of scrubbing it comes very clean. We have had a stainless steel sink and I personally like this one much better. I think it is easy to keep clean.

Hope you find what your looking for..

This is how we do it...
BC

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Has anyone replaced their sink in their 2008 3400rl Bighorn. I tried a search but no luck finding any threads.

Ours is terribly stained and while my wife scours it often with a magic eraser it would be so nice to have a stainless steel sink.

1. Take tape measure in hand. Measure sink in all three dimensions.

2. Write this information down.

3. Take checkbook/credit card and place in pocket, along with keys.

4. Open front door and leave house.

5. Get your a** in the truck and head for Lowes.:rolleyes:

Hey, it worked for me. Remember to do the steps in the order indicated.:cool:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Unfortunately you will NOT find a replacement for the 2008 sinks at Lowes, or anywhere else for that matter!...they are oddly shaped, which makes them very unique. I hope the thing never breaks or we just might be forced into replacing the counter top, and that's something I definitely don't want to do...:(

2010augusta

1. Take checkbook/credit card and place in pocket, along with keys.

2. Open front door and leave house.

3. Get your a** in the truck and head for Lowes.:rolleyes:

4. Find a sink that is close to the right size OR you like.

5. Take tape measure in hand. Measure sink in all three dimensions.

6. Write this information down.

7. Grab saw and make the hole the right size for new sink.

OwensMom

Stained sink

I sympathise. we are getting ready for a trip and I am cleaning. I was dismayed when I lifted the sink mats. What a mess! I would love a large one hole stainless steel sink!! Wish that Heartland offered this as an accessory. I have stainless at home and love it.
Won't the chlorine scar the sink and make it more likely to stain even more?

SmokeyBare

The problem is finding a sink that will fit the cabinet and the space available. If you do get lucky finding a stainless steel sink close to the size... I'm betting your going to need to resize the hole in the counter top. If you have the tools it's possible to do this your self... if not, you need to talk to your favorite counter top installer to handle the task. The sink is smaller than what is often used in a typical home.

Good Luck !!

Marv

OwensMom

replacing BH Sink

Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. Will have to tolerate sink until Heartland offers one to fit. Thanks, Smokey.

wdk450

If you REALLY Want the SS Sink

Try Googling "Custom Stainless Steel Sinks". You will get hits for a number of residential and industrial sink fabricators.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
4. Find a sink that is close to the right size OR you like.

7. Grab saw and make the hole the right size for new sink.

I got a one for one replacement at Lowe's. And a little deeper too. BAR SINK.

No problem. (Or, I could have lucked out. Dunno...but, it's been in 6 months.