Replacing Sofa Air Mattress

heyjude

Hi,

Has anyone ever replaced their sofa air-bed with a foam or other type of mattress. We own a 2013 Bighorn, and have used the airbed for the grandkids a number of times, but it's already loosing air overnight and I'm looking for another type of solution other than replacing it with the same product !

Thanks,

Judy

wdk450

Hi,

Has anyone ever replaced their sofa air-bed with a foam or other type of mattress. We own a 2013 Bighorn, and have used the airbed for the grandkids a number of times, but it's already loosing air overnight and I'm looking for another type of solution other than replacing it with the same product !

Thanks,

Judy

I had a leak in my mattress, took it off of the sofa, took it outside, inflated it, sprayed it with bubble solution, found the leak, sealed it with a vinyl raft repair kit (I think), re-installed it, and it has worked OK ever since. I think I used something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Boxer-Adhesives-Waterbed-Mattress-Repair/dp/B008QYS5S6

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Had to repair mine also. Due to the type of leak (hole) it was a bit difficult. Has been good since and that was last season. They were the #1 warranty claim per one sales rep and that's why you don't see them anymore.

I did look for a replacement, but couldn't find what I wanted, so I repaired it. I would think that you could replace it with some sort of conventional mattress, but not sure how well/if you could leave mattress on to close up couch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gaffer

A foam mattress will not likely fold up in the couch. Just get any ole queen size air mattress and use it instead. Cheap, convenient and you can get one anywhere. You may have one already.

heyjude

That looks like a nice one....

Regarding the king mattress in the bedroom; we went to Costco and bought a foam topper for it, and it's almost more comfortable than our bed at home now ! It was a pretty high quality topper, but well worth it !!!

uncledon

Her chauffeur
That looks like a nice one....

Regarding the king mattress in the bedroom; we went to Costco and bought a foam topper for it, and it's almost more comfortable than our bed at home now ! It was a pretty high quality topper, but well worth it !!!
We did the same thing putting a 3" memory foam topper on our king and it sleeps better than our Sleep Number in the house.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

farside291

We finally replaced ours with a Tempurpedic when they were having a buy one get one sale. Should have replaced it years ago!

Also, the Dream Air has a great warranty. We had the air valve break 2 years after owning it and they sent me a new one no charge.