Replacing Tow Max on our Cyclone

scottyb

RVDreaming. I took my 4100 immediately to Discount Tire before it's 1st trip out. I chose Michellin XPS Ribs because they are a commercial LT with full steel encasements. I went with 235/85's but if i had it to do over i would go with 245/75's which have the same weight rating with a smaller OD. I ran them for 17K mi before I sold the 4100 and they were so tight, I almost never had to add air to them, even after sitting for months. They still looked almost new when i sold it. We were running pretty heavy at all times with about 2K (Mule and Weber) in the garagre and a full tank of water. I clipped a few curbs along the way, something you try not to but inevitably will do. Not trying to sell Michellins to you, just reporting my experience with the same rig as you.

DocFather

RVDreaming. I took my 4100 immediately to Discount Tire before it's 1st trip out. I chose Michellin XPS Ribs because they are a commercial LT with full steel encasements. I went with 235/85's but if i had it to do over i would go with 245/75's which have the same weight rating with a smaller OD. I ran them for 17K mi before I sold the 4100 and they were so tight, I almost never had to add air to them, even after sitting for months. They still looked almost new when i sold it. We were running pretty heavy at all times with about 2K (Mule and Weber) in the garagre and a full tank of water. I clipped a few curbs along the way, something you try not to but inevitably will do. Not trying to sell Michellins to you, just reporting my experience with the same rig as you.

Thank you for this post.

Jim.Allison

I missed your post, from 5 days ago, but I sold mine on craigslist for $800. Start high and let them beat you down. 800 will take the edge off what you spent for the new ones. There are lots of people out there needing a set of 8 on 6.5 rims with an E tire. Everything from a utility trailer, horse trailer, or an RV that wants to relocate his rig. Hold out for $800 at least.

Just pulled the trigger on 17.5 Goodyear tires n rims for my gateway 3500re. Looking forward to worry free towing. Now I just need to sell my old rims and Towmax with less than 1000 miles on them.

sleded

Good day I have a Cyclone 4000 and need tires. I just want conformation from someone who has done this. I have alluminum rims (stamped 110psi) and want to mount the GY G 614 tires but was concerned about clearance between the tires on the tri axle.Can you confirm stock rim with G614 actually fit with no issue thanks in advance.

Jv75353

I just put Goodyear G614's 235/85-16 tires on our new Cyclone 4000 yesterday. Did not notice any reduction in tire clearance, the G614's are .1" smaller in diameter than the Blowmax's that they replace per the tire manufactures specifications. Our rims were rated for 110 psi and 6 inches wide. We replaced all 7 tires which we got a super deal on from Our local Belle tire dealer just over $2100 that included valve stems, mounting and balancing. Good luck with your descision!