Researching info for NYS Chapter members Direct TV Pay as you go service

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Looking for info for my members who are interested in DIRECT TV pay as you go service. I find very little on the internet and when you call DIRECT they really are no help. SO, is there anyone out there that uses DIRECT TV Pay as You go service for full timers or members who choose cable at home and want satellite TV in the rig when you want it?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

ATLJOHN

Hi Jim
We have DTV at home. We just take 2 receivers from home and use a portable dish with tripod. Works for us. Gets a little getting use to setting up the dish
John

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Jim, my limited research has found nothing for PAYG DTV. Dish has a PAYG plan. But by the time you size up a plan it seems quite expensive for a single receiver.
Talking directly to DTV about an RV package I found was useless on many fronts I won't post here. As I no longer have DTV at home I'm looking again but will have to start from scratch. So far my best contact for information on a satellite antenna and receiver was from calling the 800 number for CW catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ad99a74a38a774a29b9ff7ccc5679ec5.jpg
bd276f65ab91950b5d4b9bc41b57c7c7.jpg

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I didn't know that DirecTV had pay as you go. I've been seriously considering paying the money to switch my antenna on my camper from DirecTV to Dish just so I could go with Dish when I'm on the road. As I understand Dish, you don't have to pay to start and stop their service in a camper. I'm so fed up with losing DirecTV at home everytime there is the least amount of wind or rain that I'd really like to go back to cable at home and just use Dish while on the road.

If I can do the same with DirecTV, it would save me a bundle of money switching antennas on the camper.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so fed up with losing DirecTV at home everytime there is the least amount of wind or rain
Keith, I had the same problem here at home. When I looked at the signal strength all satellites were in the upper 90's.
So I called DTV and asked them to send someone out.
Even with the signal strength being good the Transponder number was low. Those numbers have to be above 50. Mine were not.
So the guy move the mounting location of the dish as well as installing a new dish and now no more outages during rain or wind.
I will stay that there was a distant tree that may have been in the blocking the signal.
Give DTV a call maybe they can help you

Peace
Dave

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith, I had the same problem here at home. When I looked at the signal strength all satellites were in the upper 90's.
So I called DTV and asked them to send someone out.
Even with the signal strength being good the Transponder number was low. Those numbers have to be above 50. Mine were not.
So the guy move the mounting location of the dish as well as installing a new dish and now no more outages during rain or wind.
I will stay that there was a distant tree that may have been in the blocking the signal.
Give DTV a call maybe they can help you

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. I had them come out a couple of years ago, but will try again. Certainly can't hurt to have take one more look. Heck, I even paid a tree service to come out and cut down several tree branchs in my front yard to help with line of sight issues. I guess if I tell them I'm considering switching to DISH, it will get them out here quickly. :)

ATLJOHN

Keith we have issues with receiving signal during heavy rain storm. I then go to settings and change to SD and can receive the signal again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cabindoc

I have direct at home and tried to get a unit for the camper from them, you would have thought I was speaking Japanese. I went with dish as they have a good pay as u go plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk