Residential refrigerator ice maker lines

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
:confused: Why are the ice make lines under the slide out not insulated? And how does the valve that the line goes thru suppose to work. It is mounted to the frame. Mine froze froze and busted.:( I was told to open the valve and it would drain the water out of the lines, well it didn't. Replaced the valve with and inline coupler. Not the end of the story. Later discovered water coming out from under the slide under the refrigerator. A horror story rolling out the fridge. Discovered that the wide trim board above the fridge has to be removed and the only way is to break it to remove the framework it was attached to. Then discovered that it is attached to the inside of the slide with a piece of aluminum angle. After getting the fridge rolled out, the water was coming from a pin hole in the line behind the fridge. Repaired it and now have water to the ice maker and door.
I was very disgusted with the whole project. Heartland could do a much better job of informing their customers of how things work. The dealer did not even know the weatherization process or how the valve worked for the new fridge. Why can't the water line be insulated under the slideout. Also, the wide trim piece needs to screwed to it's frame and not stapled for easy removal just in case you have to roll out the fridge for any work. And one last thing, use a better quality water line for the ice make. I know of many people who have ice makers had to replace all of the lines. I also did in my other BH. Ok I had to get all of this off my chest. Hope someone listens.