RESOLVED: Cracked Spoke

Birchwood

Washed my wheels today on our Landmark Pinehurst readying for our trip back to Canada and noticed a cracked spoke on the left rear aluminum wheel.Removed it immediately and installed the spare.The left side of our Pinehurst
is heavy with entertainment center,4 door fridge,fireplace,kitchen ,microwave ,hotwater tank,furnace and storage.
The tires on this side wear on inside so have to have them turned often.The wheel crack may of been due to high
load of excessive wheel nut torque.Has anyone experienced this situation?

Jim.Allison

Re: Cracked Spoke

Trailer wheels will crack because of high side loads, such as when we are backing into our spots or making tight turns. Loading GENERALLY has nothing to do with it. Torquing can affect this, because improper torquing might indicate a poor clamping force being applied, which exacerbates the side loading problem.. HiSpec is the leader in alloy wheel hub design and has addressed this issue there is a J-spec to which all aluminum alloy trailer wheels are to be manufactured. Both Sendel and HiSpec have had issues with cracked hubs. And depending on your brand and serial number you may infact have a recall on your wheels. Since you have one off already you should be able to get both the model and serial number or casting number off the wheel.

Washed my wheels today on our Landmark Pinehurst readying for our trip back to Canada and noticed a cracked spoke on the left rear aluminum wheel.Removed it immediately and installed the spare.The left side of our Pinehurst
is heavy with entertainment center,4 door fridge,fireplace,kitchen ,microwave ,hotwater tank,furnace and storage.
The tires on this side wear on inside so have to have them turned often.The wheel crack may of been due to high
load of excessive wheel nut torque.Has anyone experienced this situation?

Birchwood

The wheels are Tredit brand and will check on any recalls.Thanks for your reply!
My lot here in Florida is a tough backin on concrete.

jimtoo

Give Tredit Tire (800) 537-2925 and ask for help. You never know,, they might help out. Be sure you keep the old rim and have a picture ready to send.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Tredit has lifetime guarantee. If due to a defect, they will replace it at no charge and reimburse for removal and reinstall of tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk