RESOLVED: Mismatched Awning on 2013 Sundance

Toccoatravelers

We just purchased a new 2013 Sundance 3310 CL. Love the 5'er great floor plan. This model has the NEW outside graphics, also fabulous with brown tones. The first time we took it out and put the main awning out we were shocked......the awning was BLUE. Clearly it was left over from the previous graphics packages. Contacted Heartland and the response we got was, "we'll if you had bought it a month later the awning would have been brown and matched". We are going to our first Heartland Rally next month and can't wait to show off our terribly mismatched Heartland product!!!

This is our 3rd rig but our first Heartland every other rig and most all I see in RV parks have matching awnings how sad that that is what your $50k will buy. Very disappointed. I'll be sure to let everyone know just who is COLORBLIND!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: Mismatched Awning on 2013 Sundance

Did you ask your dealer if he could swap it out for another color or did you just come here to bash HL.

ncc1701e

We just purchased a new 2013 Sundance 3310 CL. Love the 5'er great floor plan. This model has the NEW outside graphics, also fabulous with brown tones. The first time we took it out and put the main awning out we were shocked......the awning was BLUE. Clearly it was left over from the previous graphics packages. Contacted Heartland and the response we got was, "we'll if you had bought it a month later the awning would have been brown and matched". We are going to our first Heartland Rally next month and can't wait to show off our terribly mismatched Heartland product!!!

This is our 3rd rig but our first Heartland every other rig and most all I see in RV parks have matching awnings how sad that that is what your $50k will buy. Very disappointed. I'll be sure to let everyone know just who is COLORBLIND!!

You made me just now look out the window to be sure what color mine has on it. Hope you like the floor plan as much as we do. Picked ours up in November.

Tom

Kbvols

Toccoatravelers, I would try contacting HL again as well as your dealer. HL has proven to be a fair company. I can't imagine they wouldn't want to make this right for you. I don't think they would want the wrong awning on a new product.

jbeletti

Steve and Patti - Sorry to hear of this. I've passed this on to Heartland Corporate to take another look at it.

For all - Let's all relax the rest of the weekend and see what Monday brings. Thanks,

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Contacted Heartland and the response we got was, "we'll if you had bought it a month later the awning would have been brown and matched".

Maybe provide HL Corporate with the name of the individual that said this so they can have a little "come to jesus" meeting with them in a closed door session.

Toccoatravelers

Just wanted to provide an update. Heartland has agreed to provide us with new awning fabric. Received a very pleasant call from Jamie Justis at HL and we are working out the details with our local dealer. We appreciate HL stepping up to take care of this. They showed that there are still some good companies out there who care about their customers. Thank you Heartland you have made us happy HL owners.

Phatkd

Very good news! It would be nice to see some before and after comparison pictures. Heartland has once again come through and made things right. A true testiment to customer service and doing the right thing to make long lasting customer relationships.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
JohnDar:291952 said:

Maybe provide HL Corporate with the name of the individual that said this so they can have a little "come to jesus" meeting with them in a closed door session.

John, You've still got it! LOL Trace

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Yea Heartland Customer Service - glad they are stepping up and making things right. Since you are kind of close, bring your new Sundance up to the TN/KY rally and show it off. We would all love to see it.

DandJochs

We are going through this same issue, we purchased a Sundance model 3270RES the end of february from Camping World in Liberty Lake WA. We discovered the awning was blue after we had signed all of the papers but before our PDI, the service manager told us that it was an obvious mistake from the factory and the fabric should be replaced under warranty. After 3 weeks of going of back and forth and submitting pictures, we were informed Heartland was not going to replace the fabric and we may have better luck contacting them ourselves which I have done. Heartland told me that they were not going to replace the fabric because our coach was made in the middle of the run change over and the problem is only cosmetic! Darn right its cosmetic, who wants to spend $50,000 on a RV and not have it look right? We love the RV, but so far are not very impressed with how we are being treated by Heartland!