RESOLVED: What is this?

fritzwell

I was doing some pre trip checks since we are finally getting to use our new Sundance 3270 RES. I had checked all water systems and was draining the gray tanks and felt brave so I hit the switch for the black tank. Not really sure it came from the black tank, but that's when it hit ground. Luckily, this is all that came out. Is this something that I need to resolve before the trip ?

Fritzwell

View attachment 39512

jbeletti

Re: What is this ?

I was doing some pre trip checks since we are finally getting to use our new Sundance 3270 RES. I had checked all water systems and was draining the gray tanks and felt brave so I hit the switch for the black tank. Not really sure it came from the black tank, but that's when it hit ground. Luckily, this is all that came out. Is this something that I need to resolve before the trip ?

Fritzwell

Looks like a stand-off for a printed circuit board. I sent it into the Sundance GM to check with the plant to see if they know what it's from.

jam20ster

Weirder things have happened, but doubt it has anything to do with a circuit board. From what I read you said it came out of grey/black plumbing used to drain tanks. If you look closely at the pic I attached it appears to be the stem from a drain plug, which makes sense on how it would come to be in your tank.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

The piece that came out has nothing to do with either tank. Probably something that was dropped in the tank during assembly.

jbeletti

OK - the factory has confirmed what others guess. See below. I suggest you check your tub stopper and if it's missing that piece, get with your dealer or Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) to get a replacement.

It is lower part of the tub drain stopper.

IMAG0635.jpg