Retirement

Big G

Big G
Retired

I have started my countdown timer to retirement and it stands at 326 days, 21 hours, and 39 minutes. Although I'll only be 58, 40 years is about all I can take. I hope the election will not affect the market negatively.
Now if my wife can just sell her big house in Atlanta, all will be well.

Snuffy,
I was going to retire in January, but the company helped me out with an early severance package. After 35 years Samm and I are more than grateful for a little extra pay and an early out. I'll let you know in a few weeks how it feels to shut the alarm off.
Best Regards, Big G ;)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I changed my retirement from August 2009 to next week! I've got five more work days and on Friday November 21st I'll hang up the gunbelt.

Now to get the house sold.....

Princess Kathleen

I have been retired since, March 30, 06 and it is not retirement, but I read somewhere that retirement is living HAPPILY EVER AFTER.....

pk

Big G

Big G
Early Out

I changed my retirement from August 2009 to next week!
Now to get the house sold.....

JayC,
Great news, congrats. Good luck on the house. If you get North of Houston, Lake Conroe let us know..... Be safe this last 5 days.
Our youngest son is a Deer Park Police officer. :)
Regards, Big G

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jayc
Glad to hear you made the big plunge. Look forward to seeing you again in April.

I retired April 1, 2007 and never missed working a minute. Should have done it at 55.

Tom of Ypsi

Jay,

Although we knew this a public congratulations is in order for you. I also think several of us have already discussed ways to sell your house. Looking forward to seeing you in the RGV this winter and if not at Rayford in April.

buckeyebob

retirement

good luck!!!!i retired 2 1/2 years ago at 53 and still wake up at 5-530!!!its really boring around the campground ,waiting for the rest of the world to wake up.now i drive the senior citizen bus and love it!gotta pay for the truck and 5er!!!! buckeyebob

jgoddardg

Retiring soon

Last day working will be 12/23 and retirement is official 1/1/09. Wife has been retired a couple of years and I'm gonna join her. Life has been good and getting better!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm just about done! They had a little going away party for me yesterday and I turned in most of my gear. I came into the office to turn in my car and the rest of the gear, so after noon today I'm officially retired (retarded). It's been a great career but I'm looking forward to traveling around the country and seeing places I haven't seen before.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Congrats jayc,
I can't wait. Just got through with redoing the house, VW is building a new plant within 2 miles of my house and in Feb. It will go up for sale. We will travel for at least a year then probably settle near Austin with other family. Have family in Georgetown, Cedar Park, and Canyon Lake TX. Good luck and let us hear of your travels.