Return Cyclone to King of the Road

OEFVET

gpshemi:422676 said:
Ok. Went to a Cyclone/Road Warrior/Torque dealer yesterday. Much of what I said seem to hold true still, but some thing have changed for 2016. I'm told they have the Quiet Air now. They all had led can lights too. The rest is still true. There were some obvious quality issues too. Pics to follow.

Stopped into an XLR to review frameless windows. They must open 8"wide. They had a great breeze through them too. I think if you analyze the net free air when open you'd find its as much as a slider. So I debunked that they flow poorly. Also one advantage over the sliding windows is you could leave them open in the rain without worry. So getting caught while gone is no longer a concern.

The Cyclone 4200 is just ok in my book. The sink is awkard as ****. The kitchen blocks part of the door wall. The unit looked to be falling spart. I'll assume the dealer will repair of course but not a good showing.

The Road Warrior 420 was sweet. Its better done than the 4200 with the same side patio idea. Huge picture windows out both sides wad amazingly open. However, once again Heartland missed the boat on quality. The cabinet door color was so far remove from the base color that my 8yr old pointed it out. I cant make this stuff up. The cabinets were mounted crooked as a dogs hind leg too.

We all know about opinions.

tomsws6

Is there anyone living full time in the Cyclone or Road warrior if so I would love to hear your thoughts.

I am living in mine till our house is done. It is a 4200 HD and its pretty cool.. I have a 6 and a 7yr in there with my wife and I. The worst part about it besides living in under 500sqft is the A/C units.. It is loud when watching tv in the living room.. I would prefer a larger sink but anyone can nitpick all day on anything. Oh, and larger grey tanks!!

OEFVET

tomsws6:426285 said:
Is there anyone living full time in the Cyclone or Road warrior if so I would love to hear your thoughts.

I am living in mine till our house is done. It is a 4200 HD and its pretty cool.. I have a 6 and a 7yr in there with my wife and I. The worst part about it besides living in under 500sqft is the A/C units.. It is loud when watching tv in the living room.. I would prefer a larger sink but anyone can nitpick all day on anything. Oh, and larger grey tanks!!

It might feel like 500sqft but it's actually about 450sqft.

Miltp920

Here is an idea (DW provided), there does not seem to be any floor plan in any brand that actually has enough walking room to easily make the bed. We want a king size bed, with a small cabinet (on both sides) with counter top to hold clock, CPAP, night light, TV remote, cell phone, power to run/charge everything. There is usually room on one side, but not the far side. We had a Montana that had enough room on three sides to make the QUEEN bed, but still no shelf big enough for CPAP. Our 3100, almost hits the mark with a queen size bed, but it still only has about 6 inches between bed and wall - no room to walk on the far side of the bed (6-12 more inches would be GREAT). I think for this to work, the "head board" would have to go to the side (slide) of the camper instead of headboard to the front. But the slide would have to be large enough to accommodate the "bed side cabinets". Take a foot out of the length of another room(s) to make space in the bedroom. IF CYCLONE could offer this up, I think they would sell alot of "full timer capable" rigs. Anyway, we would be interested. Does anyone own a floorplan that fits this description, we may be just missing one of the FEW that does. AND IF CYCLONE could do this in the 4000 with that seperate living room / Kitchen floor plan, we would be "moving on up" to a 3 axle. CYCLONE brand manager, take note! Actually, it would not need to be a toyhauler, as in full timing, not sure we will keep the toyhauler. But it might still be a nice toyhauler option too.

danemayer

Miltp920,

Are you familiar with the mod where you put stick-on tiles on the wood under the mattress? When it's time to make the bed, you just pull it away from the headboard to make it. No extra space needed.

Miltp920

I have read that somewhere. I might have to give that a try for this unit. That would help with the making the bed.

Mrsfish

Did this last weekend and was shocked at how much easier it was to make the bed. Hardest part was getting the mattress out of the bedroom.