Return to drop off level

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 Big Horn 3010 RE with the six point Level Up system. Recently I did a recalibration of the unit(zero setting of the control) as it was not levelling to our expectations. Since this procedure was performed( sucessfully) I haven't been able to use the return to drop off level feature. When I press the left and right buttons together on the control unit, an error message comes up saying that this feature is disabled. Because of the fact that it worked fine before I did the zero setting I'm assuming it was something that I did in the process... Any one have any experience with this.

dave10a

I tried it once and it raised the trailer to the hitch height, but it did not raise the rear jacks. I had to select manual mode and lower the front jacks to take the strain off the rear jacks and then raise the rear jacks. Then I use the manual procedure to get to the proper hitch height for the front jacks. I have not used the auto mode by pressing the right and left since. I always use the manual mode to hitch up because I don't trust the auto mode. However, the auto level works fine and I go with that. I did calibrate the system when I first got the trailer. Evidently, Heartland either does not calibrate or they don't know what level is...

DonHelenL

Hi Dave...When the left and right arrows are both pressed to have it go to hitch height( actually the point where the auto level starts) it does not do anything with the rear levelers, it just lifts the front to the hitch height( within a few centimeters ). When hitched up then the auto retract does the front and back. Mine worked flawless until I decided to improve the level. Hopefully some one has a solution to this.

jjriker

On our rig, when I push the left and right arrows to return to our drop off level, it will first lift the rear level legs about 4-6 inches and then the front goes back to hitch height. Then I use the manual function to raise the rear level legs the rest of the way up. (We have the four point level system.)

danemayer

Hi DonHelenL,

Just a guess, but you might try resetting it by unplugging shore power and switching the battery cutoff to OFF for a few seconds.

pegmikef

I don't know because mine will give me the error message every once in a while. I think it is always after I have screwed with the jacks for some reason after I have run the auto level of the landing gear jacks are extended further than the others because of the slope. It happens so infrequently that I haven't been concerned about it.

DonHelenL

Tks for the info everyone. Got my problem solved by calling Lippert. It seems that the "feature disable" message was created when I had tried the "return to hitch level " function when I was leaving Texas to head north. The pad which I had been on all winter drops off in the front for drainage thus putting the pin ( when level) higher that the hitch level. When I tried the left and right arrow buttons it came up with the error. I didn't unhook the trailer for the trip home and after getting home tried to do it again but still got the same error. The Lippert rep told me to try unplugging and re connecting the six pin plug( inside the control box) . This should cancel out the last message showing but not the memory. "Bingo", it worked. I assume shutting off the power to the trailer from the battery would do the same thing. Anyone else experiencing this might want to give this a try.