RM1350 Ice Maker - No Water

Maverick

Landmark 2012 San Antonio - Trying to restart the ice maker on my RM1350 for the season. Water to the ice maker is turned on. Plastic tube going from the water supply to the solenoid is full of water and no air in it. I checked to make sure water was flowing from the tube to the solenoid. Water pressure is good. Electric power to the ice maker control is active. I can start the ice maker cycle manually and it completes the cycle. I can hear the switch come on to let in water but no water comes in the fill tube. I have cycled it manually several times but no water. It worked perfectly last season. I winterized it properly last fall. Any good ideas about the problem? Maybe a bad solenoid? Do I need to blow air in the solenoid to clear any possible restriction? I am baffled.

DougAndJudy

We had a peculiar problem in our last Landmark. Sometimes the water to the refer door would not flow. What we did as a work around was to run water in the kichen sink for a second. Magically, the water started to flow in the door. I mention this because the water line to the door and to the ice maker is the same.

danemayer

I checked to make sure water was flowing from the tube to the solenoid. Water pressure is good.
Dumb question maybe. Did you disconnect the water line to the solenoid to verify water flow?

Also, if you have water in the door, is that working?

Willym

I had a bad solenoid valve on my water dispenser last year. It was replaced under warranty. I checked that the solenoid was getting power (the ice maker solenoid uses 120 volt, so be careful if you check it yourself) and determined that the valve plunger was sticking. If you have power to the valve, then you could unscrew the outlet tubing at the solenoid have and see if any water comes out when the ice maker operates. This could be messy, so it might be better to try for flow through the valve using some air.

Maverick

Yes I disconnected the tube to the solenoid. Water was flowing to the solenoid but not through it. I do not have a water dispenser in the door, only the ice maker

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is the wire arm in the ice maker all the way in the down position?

Peace
Dave

Maverick

Yes, the wire arm in the ice maker is all the way down. When I cycle the ice maker manually the arm lifts up to dispense ice and then drops down again. Of course there is no ice because there is no water.

Maverick

I put air into the solenoid when the manual cycle called for water. Still no result. I suspect a bad solenoid.

amkuntz

I have the same problem with my Grand Canyon RM1350. I do have water in the door and it is working fine, I even tried running the water in the door while the ice machine was cycling...still nothing. I might try switching the lines to see if that works.

I have the same problem with my Grand Canyon RM1350. I do have water in the door and it is working fine, I even tried running the water in the door while the ice machine was cycling...still nothing. I might try switching the lines to see if that works.

A few months ago we had water at the door but no ice. Pull the drawer out from under the refer and look to see that the water isn't running on the floor. Our icemaker line was broken where it enters the refer on the side letting the water run down the refer and onto the floor.

Maverick

Well I solved the problem of no water to the ice maker in my San Antonio. I verified that water was flowing from the solenoid into the line to the icemaker. Unfortunately I discovered the line has a leak but the leak is way up the line where it is not accessible to repair. I suppose the entire line needs to be replaced but how to do that without taking out the Refrinerator unit to get at it. Anyone had any experience with this issue?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I used electrical tape to connect the new line to the old one and fished it they where it needs to go.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

got an ice maker with our 2012 BH same model icemaker. Never worked either even when we checked everything you checked. It's now at the local Camping World since it's still under warranty. We'll see if they can find a solution. Good luck to you too.

PUG

Pug
If you remove the wires to the selenoid, can you hear or feel the selenoid switch when you activate the ice maker?

Just found out at CW that the line to the ice maker had a crimp and has to be replaced. Even though they had the part, it had to come from Heartland to meet warranty req. So maybe on Wed we'll have ice.