roof problem

retskc

IMG_0493.jpgIMG_0497.JPGIMG_0643.JPGIMG_0644.JPGIMG_0616.JPGIMG_0501.jpgThis is what I found on the roof last Nov. when I went to clean it and calk all of the seams on the roof. I noticed that across the front of the rv, the decking was lifting.
Also along both sides of the rood there is now channel, after the last rain here in Mesa there is standing water along both sides of the roof. The roof was not like this in Aug.
I had to go on the roof to clean pine needles off of the slide before we left Oregon. I contact Heartland customer service because I believe this could be a factory defect, as the decking should not lift. The response I got back was it just cosmetic, that this happens to this units. In one of the photos you can see when I stand on it the gap between the decking.

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi retskc,

No pictures are attached, so the rest of us aren't in a position to comment on whether this is cosmetic, water damage, or some manufacturing defect.

Are you the original owner? When did you buy the trailer?

retskc

Hi retskc,

No pictures are attached, so the rest of us aren't in a position to comment on whether this is cosmetic, water damage, or some manufacturing defect.

Are you the original owner? When did you buy the trailer?

Had a problem loading photos have them now.
yes i;am the original owner
purchased Sept 2014

danemayer

Hard to tell from the pictures, but I'm not sure it looks too much different from our 2011 Landmark, other than the caulking - not sure what's going on there. But if water has gotten in at the seams due to caulking gaps or cracks, you could have some resultant deterioration of the roof structure.

You might want to keep in mind that your factory warranty statement, which is in your trailer manual, provides a 1 year warranty against factory defects. After 1 year, anything the factory does at no charge is a goodwill accommodation in the interest of customer satisfaction. Fighting doesn't usually engender goodwill.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I gotta go with Dan here, it looks pretty much like my 2011 Bighorn.
It has not been a problem.

Peace
Dave