Rubber rain seal on corners

Aneal

Is anyone else having this problem this is the 2nd Heartland Rv they we have had and had this issue with both units not to happy. Any suggestion on a good solution that works?

Thanks Allen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That screw covering comes in two sizes, make sure you have the right size in there.
Also when installing be sure that you don't stretch it.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

Just had the same thing while coming East on I-90 in August. I stopped beside the road, pulled and stretch it a little then reinstalled. It stayed in place, now I am waiting on some new trim covering to replace the trim.

Dahillbilly

mine did the same thing; removed moulding from one end to the point where is came loose; just reinserted it & all is good now just a inch or so short.

rhodies1

Aa mentioned. When it was installed at factory. The installer stretched the product to save a few cents. You can buy it gor around 25 dollars for a 100 ft roll on Amazon. Make sure you get the correct size. It come 3/4 and 1 inch wide. When putting it into track do not stretch it and it should stay in place for years.

NYSUPstater

I did exactly what rhodies1 said as ours was comping apart (coach made in April '17). Took some doing but the real PITA was on underside of 5er. But once apart and re-done, just sealed it up again w/ some RV sealant I had and and all seems to be good for now. Have lots on hand in garage now.