Runs on gas but not ac

Tweitekamp

Question... I have noticed that my domestic 2852 is running on gas but not ac. I left the fridge on after a trip assuming we were going out the following week but plans changed. Shut the fridge off and opened the doors just to find mold. I bought a new dinosaur board hoping that would get it but no change. When power was turned back on it went directly to gas even though the gas button was off and the auto button was selected. I then bought a new heating element and no change. I did verify the 120v outlet where the fridge is plugged into working correctly. What am I missing here. I have had issues with the auto button on the top of the fridge for years. Could that be causing something? WhT am I missing?

Thanks, todd

wdk450

Question... I have noticed that my domestic 2852 is running on gas but not ac. I left the fridge on after a trip assuming we were going out the following week but plans changed. Shut the fridge off and opened the doors just to find mold. I bought a new dinosaur board hoping that would get it but no change. When power was turned back on it went directly to gas even though the gas button was off and the auto button was selected. I then bought a new heating element and no change. I did verify the 120v outlet where the fridge is plugged into working correctly. What am I missing here. I have had issues with the auto button on the top of the fridge for years. Could that be causing something? WhT am I missing?

Thanks, todd

I am guessing eyebrow board (readout/switch board), or connecting wiring between the logic board and the eyebrow board is bad. Dinosaur electronics has eyebrow boards for most applications.

Keep throwing money and new parts at the problem and eventually you will fix it (or have a new refrigerator).